Stackon safe

Stackon safe

This is a discussion on Stackon safe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a stackon drawer safe. I have been using it now for about a month a find it to be of really good ...

Thread: Stackon safe

Stackon safe

I recently purchased a stackon drawer safe. I have been using it now for about a month a find it to be of really good quality for the money, $30. My primary use is for children protection when not carrying. The electronic lock works flawlessly and has a keypad tones or a silent mode option and a backup key. This smallest safe from Stackon will hold 2 G26's and 4 additional magazines with room to spare. The Keypad does not light up when pressed, this would be a nice option. I am planning to put up some sort of low level light above it that would light the keypad for night access.

Do You Have...

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    I recently purchased a stackon drawer safe. I have been using it now for about a month a find it to be of really good quality for the money, $30. My primary use is for children protection when not carrying. The electronic lock works flawlessly and has a keypad tones or a silent mode option and a backup key. This smallest safe from Stackon will hold 2 G26's and 4 additional magazines with room to spare. The Keypad does not light up when pressed, this would be a nice option. I am planning to put up some sort of low level light above it that would light the keypad for night access.
    pic's or a web site?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There are a lot of good options out there these days for people with kids raoming around.

Even though I think mine is totally trained in firearms avoidance, I don't leave it anything around. My wife has a trigger lock on her pistol w/ a lighted keypad. With the alarm system and two dogs, I figure she would have the 3 seconds that it takes to remove the lock if I'm not home. Actually though in most cases, if I'm away, she unlocks it ahead of time just in case, and it is kept out of reach. If other kids come over, every gun not being worn is locked up and we also have a keyed door handle on the spare room door where the gun safe and ammo is, and lock it as well. Other people's kids are what I worry about most, becuse they don't have a clue.

I would like to see some pics of the cabinet.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Here is the link to Natchez where I purchased the safe. I am really happy with this product.

http://www.natchezss.com/category.cf...TOKEN=72275774

Pic050.JPG

Pic052.JPG

Pic054.JPG

Nice. I like it.

So what's up with that Jennings, js?

Just kidding! That must run on batteries, correct? What do you do if they go dead? And can you set your own code, or do you have to use the factory code?

[QUOTE=ceetee;206027]So what's up with that Jennings, js?

Yeah I almost pulled it out before I snapped the picture. I am not a fan of Jennings junk. I bought that gun 15 years ago and have never carried it. It was in my fishing tackle box for a long time. It's pretty reliable for a piece of junk.

It has an audible tone when the batts go low and a backup key to access if they are dead. You can change the code, if you notice the little red button inside thats what resets the code.

J.S.

With that keypad, I would just practice unlocking it in complete darkness. I'm all about light discipline. This way you only need to feel the keypad to unlock it and use the other hand to turn the nob. This way you can access your gun and have it in hand before potentially giving away your position by using a light.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    With that keypad, I would just practice unlocking it in complete darkness. I'm all about light discipline. This way you only need to feel the keypad to unlock it and use the other hand to turn the nob. This way you can access your gun and have it in hand before potentially giving away your position by using a light.
    thats sound advice
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Sponsored Links