Defensive Carry banner

Colt -- Shame on you

7K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  CJohn364 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Colt M4 Carbine.

It came with 2 magazines, strap, forward grip, cleaning rod with patch rod and 2 wire brushes. However it did not include the front sight adjustment tool (about a $10 item - less for Colt). They are concerned with cleaning but the heck with sighting the weapon.

Yes, I know there are some way around using the tool to adjust the sight but not as quick and easy. Shame on you Colt.

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

Sight adjustment tool
Electronic device Electronics accessory

See less See more
#4 ·
I understand about the other ways but I guess its more about how cheap Colt is concerning an important item.

#5 ·
Funny thing is I am no longer in the military where one needs to improvise or die.

#6 ·
When you buy a box of ammo it comes with 20 free sight adjustment tools for the AR.

Of course if you buy larger quantities, then you get more tools.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

#8 ·

It came with 2 magazines, strap, forward grip, cleaning rod with patch rod and 2 wire brushes. However it did not include the front sight adjustment tool (about a $10 item - less for Colt). They are concerned with cleaning but the heck with sighting the weapon.

Yes, I know there are some way around using the tool to adjust the sight but not as quick and easy. Shame on you Colt.

At least they included bullets with the gun, I suppose. After all, what good is a gun without bullets. Can't shoot, can't sight it.... :smile:

#9 ·
So, what is this strap that they included with the rifle?

I never even knew they made special tools for front sight adjustment, or that people paid money for them. I have always just use a bullet.

Reactions: G-man*
#10 ·
I was issued my first M16 in 1974, and never saw a front sight adjustment tool in my seven-year career. My civilian CAR-15 (actually my son's CAR-15) was purchased new from Ashland Shooting Supply in 1979, and it didn't have such a tool, either. In fact, I have never seen one. Get yourself a round, push down on the retention pin, and turn the post in the direction you want it to go.

Reactions: Brad426
#17 ·
I paid $987 for my colt le6920, but I got a discount 10%. mine didn't come with a adjustment tool also. the army taught me how to use the bullet, in 1974. but i did buy one from midway supply. $9 bucks.
I did cheat this time, to change out the front sight post. for the kns sight post. It's for sure a better post than the old style, square-fat post.
The little 0.52 ball is much better.
david

#19 ·
In 1976 we had M16A1's the height was adjusted by the front sight post onle,rear was windage only,we used a bullet tip.
You are chastising Colt,but none of the other manufacturers throw in a front sight adjustment tool.kinda like a solution for a problem that didn't really exist.
People that buy AR's and never served usually aren't aware of other options so when they see a "tool" they think it's a necessity

#20 ·
I recall the drill on the firing line in basic having a firing pin in his pocket to do it with. Bullet works. So does anything hard and pointy.lol

#22 ·
Not sure that anyone includes a FS tool with their rifles.

#25 ·
While the tool can be considered not needed by some it is nonetheless a tool. Granted it is a specialty tool and in life there are such tools. One that comes to mind is a chain pliers which is rarely used but rather useful if needed. The front sight tool does have purpose(other than adjusting) such as: one might want to change the front post sight and this tool would come in handy.
Fastener Screw Auto part Tool accessory Metal

As too the snide remarks by some please see forum general rule #2

See also: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...omments/90879-some-things-need-addressed.html :smile:

#26 ·
While the tool can be considered not needed by some it is nonetheless a tool. Granted it is a specialty tool and in life there are such tools. One that comes to mind is a chain pliers which is rarely used but rather useful if needed. The front sight tool does have purpose(other than adjusting) such as: one might want to change the front post sight and this tool would come in handy.

As too the snide remarks by some please see forum general rule #2

See also: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...omments/90879-some-things-need-addressed.html :smile:
You might want to review #3 of the "Some things need to be addressed" post. :bier:

#27 ·

I don't feel bad for you. When I bought an Armalite M15 it only included one 30 round magazine, a sling, an instruction manual, and a hard case to store it in.

#28 ·
I finally got to pull the trigger on this new colt LE 6920, I've been waiting for rains to make it safer to shoot, everything has finally gotten some of the rainfall we have desparatly needed here, but
it has given me time to get the pasture mowed and get some new target stands made.
I only took, 4 boxes of ammo, but had a blast. al but myself, no distractions. Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car Vehicle door

I'd also like to show the big game shooting bench i got for $99.00 well worth it. Table Furniture Picnic table Chair Grass

Today was a good day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.