Colt -- Shame on you

Colt -- Shame on you

This is a discussion on Colt -- Shame on you within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Colt M4 Carbine. It came with 2 magazines, strap, forward grip, cleaning rod with patch rod and 2 wire brushes. However ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Colt -- Shame on you

Colt -- Shame on you

I recently purchased a Colt M4 Carbine.

It came with 2 magazines, strap, forward grip, cleaning rod with patch rod and 2 wire brushes. However it did not include the front sight adjustment tool (about a $10 item - less for Colt). They are concerned with cleaning but the heck with sighting the weapon.

Yes, I know there are some way around using the tool to adjust the sight but not as quick and easy. Shame on you Colt.

DSC_0252.jpg

Sight adjustment tool
    sight tool.jpg
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Yes, it's a pain in the butt, but just use the tip of a bullet. A brass punch works even better.

JD
    Administrator
    How did the Military ever survive without them.

Yeah, shame on a manufacturer for actually NOT selling you something you don't really need.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yes, it's a pain in the butt, but just use the tip of a bullet. A brass punch works even better.
    I understand about the other ways but I guess its more about how cheap Colt is concerning an important item.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    How did the Military ever survive without them.

Yeah, shame on a manufacturer for actually NOT selling you something you don't really need.
    Funny thing is I am no longer in the military where one needs to improvise or die.

When you buy a box of ammo it comes with 20 free sight adjustment tools for the AR.

Of course if you buy larger quantities, then you get more tools.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    ctr, beararms, SpencerB and 1 others like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

We don't have them in the Army so we usually use a nail or something like that
    CJohn364 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    I recently purchased a Colt M4 Carbine.

It came with 2 magazines, strap, forward grip, cleaning rod with patch rod and 2 wire brushes. However it did not include the front sight adjustment tool (about a $10 item - less for Colt). They are concerned with cleaning but the heck with sighting the weapon.

Yes, I know there are some way around using the tool to adjust the sight but not as quick and easy. Shame on you Colt.

DSC_0252.jpg

Sight adjustment tool
    sight tool.jpg
    At least they included bullets with the gun, I suppose. After all, what good is a gun without bullets. Can't shoot, can't sight it....

So, what is this strap that they included with the rifle?

I never even knew they made special tools for front sight adjustment, or that people paid money for them. I have always just use a bullet.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I was issued my first M16 in 1974, and never saw a front sight adjustment tool in my seven-year career. My civilian CAR-15 (actually my son's CAR-15) was purchased new from Ashland Shooting Supply in 1979, and it didn't have such a tool, either. In fact, I have never seen one. Get yourself a round, push down on the retention pin, and turn the post in the direction you want it to go.
    Brad426 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I was issued my first M16 in 1974, and never saw a front sight adjustment tool in my seven-year career. My civilian CAR-15 (actually my son's CAR-15) was purchased new from Ashland Shooting Supply in 1979, and it didn't have such a tool, either. In fact, I have never seen one. Get yourself a round, push down on the retention pin, and turn the post in the direction you want it to go.
    Same here (except 1987). Never even knew there was a tool other than a round to do that.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I just used the tip of a bullet. I thought that was as quick and easy as it got.

OD*
    The horror.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    The horror.

How many times do you need to sight in the front sight? I did mine once and that was it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links