Affordable light that fits glock and picatinny rails

This is a discussion on Affordable light that fits glock and picatinny rails within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a LED light new or used that isn't $300 an preferably around 50 but I might go to 80 or 100. It needs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Affordable light that fits glock and picatinny rails

Looking for a LED light new or used that isn't $300 an preferably around 50 but I might go to 80 or 100.
    It needs to fit both on a GLOCK 20 and picantinny rails or be under 40 so I can just buy two of them.

Ive looked at the big names ones and some of them cost x2 as much as some of the guns Ive owned,

This wasn't really a want to buy add, more of a suggestion add but feel free to PM me if your the source of such a light.
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

this is what i have. works. pretty bright. second successive time you turn it on in like a minute or something it strobes. pretty bright. good enough for the home. i would spend a lot more if i needed it for work.

Nebo 5569 ProTec Elite HP190 High-Powered Firearm Light - Amazon.com
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

RKM
    The most band for buck light, in my opinion... It's not a $300 Surefire.... it's not a $10 no name you'll find on a self at Wal-Mart

Streamlight TLR-1 Tactical Illuminator Flashlight White LED Fits

I prefer Streamlight products. I use Streamlight TLR lights on my handguns and shotgun. I use Streamlight Polytac's on my rifles. I carry a Streamlight Stylus at work. I carry a Streamlight ProTac 2L when I'm not at work. I keep a Streamlight Polytac on my nightstand along with the TLR-1 that's on my M&P45.

I like Streamlights.

Thanks Ill look into both and maybe just get both
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I use the Streamlight TLR-3 on all my guns. I'm looking at the new TLR-4.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    +1 on the Streamlight tlr 1. I don't abuse mine but it frequently get's out to the range, and many a times I take it off my gun just so I can use it as a flashlight.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Good rule of thumb. Always buy the best and it will not fail when you need it.
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

I use the Browning "Tacticle Hunter Alpha" lights under my railed guns.....70 (or 90?) lumens. 4" total length, 3/4" diameter that run 2-2 1/2 hours constantly on a single AA battery!! Lightweight, durable, tailcap switch etc. COST.....@$30.00 to $35.00.

Then I slip them into quick disconnect mounts available from "tacticle" suppliers (including Optics Planet). They run @ $25.00 to $35.00. The only calculating you have to figure is how much rail you have so the tail switch sits just where you want it ahead of the trigger guard. (This is where I have different brands of quick disconnect holders).

Anyhow, you end up spending $60.00-$70.00 ponies and end up with a kick ass light system!

I tried to upload a photo of this setup under my Beretta....hopefully it worked!

neverenough
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    this is what i have. works. pretty bright. second successive time you turn it on in like a minute or something it strobes. pretty bright. good enough for the home. i would spend a lot more if i needed it for work.

Nebo 5569 ProTec Elite HP190 High-Powered Firearm Light - Amazon.com
    I have one of the protecs and while I think it is a good light it also has one major (what I consider to be) disadvantage. It's a push button system as opposed to a a rotating switch system and it's EXTREMELY easy to accidentally turn on. I've thrown it in my range bag on my glock 19 and accidentally turned it on. I've accidentally turned it on putting in the safe. It' pretty much always turns itself on when put in my universal tactical holster.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

If it's not Insight Tech or Surefire I'm not going to run it on anything I shoot with.

Forget everything else, and keep your gear with the GSA and DLA suppliers. They have been tested, busted and trusted in field trials and down range.

Everything else is just sup par gear.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I have one of the protecs and while I think it is a good light it also has one major (what I consider to be) disadvantage. It's a push button system as opposed to a a rotating switch system and it's EXTREMELY easy to accidentally turn on. I've thrown it in my range bag on my glock 19 and accidentally turned it on. I've accidentally turned it on putting in the safe. It' pretty much always turns itself on when put in my universal tactical holster.
    I like the Nebo on my night stand gun. I don't know how you would put it on a carry gun that it WOULDN'T turn itself on. The sliding switch is gonna find its way on. But for the house, etc... It's ok. I have one on a rail on a Mossberg 12 ga...stands up to the recoil, handy for me, and I'll buy it, but may not find myself shelling out the dough for a high-dollar light.

I have a Insight that was well under $100 bucks. _(NIB)
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Get the glock light 80.00

Quote Originally Posted by GregDepot View Post
    Looking for a LED light new or used that isn't $300 an preferably around 50 but I might go to 80 or 100.
    It needs to fit both on a GLOCK 20 and picantinny rails or be under 40 so I can just buy two of them.

Ive looked at the big names ones and some of them cost x2 as much as some of the guns Ive owned,

This wasn't really a want to buy add, more of a suggestion add but feel free to PM me if your the source of such a light.
    I use the Aim Sports 150 Lumen Tactical Compact Light on My Ruger SR9 & SR40 Compacts. Works great, has a single button on bottom of the unit, ahead of your trigger guard and it has quick release.

Aim Sports at Amazon
    You can't beat the price!

VIP Member
    J&G Sales has police trade in M-3 lights for $49.00. I bought several and about half came in the box and appeared unissued. They are simple direct and to the point and I have never had a problem with them.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links