Shooting Glasses

This is a discussion on Shooting Glasses within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For years I have worn inexpensive shooting glasses from my LGS, and sometimes will wear my Revo sunglasses. However, most of my shooting is on ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Echo_Four

Thread: Shooting Glasses

Shooting Glasses

For years I have worn inexpensive shooting glasses from my LGS, and sometimes will wear my Revo sunglasses. However, most of my shooting is on covered firing lines, or in IDPA, where my brown lens Revos cause a little difficulty seeing the center mass outline, and in summer evening matches are too dark after sundown. I want to clearly see the outline, as I shoot more for accuracy than speed. At my age and with some physical limitations speed isn't going to be my thing.

My problem with the cheaper clear glasses are they ride too low and touch my cheeks which is uncomfortable, and are too close to my face and get foggy or sweat on them.

I've looked around some at online vendors, but it's hard to tell much about how they will ride on the face. My LGS doesn't carry much variety to pick from. Can anyone recommend some clear or low light glasses that will ride higher and away from the face? This should also allow for better ventilation, especially in summer.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hi,I have been pondering this as well. In the summer I use my Oakleys, but indoors it gets too dark. I thought about Oakley shooting glasses, but hate the idea of messing them up being rough on them. You can get pretty darn custom with their products and build what you want in the store or online. I just have a hard time spending 100 plus on shooting glasses that I will break or scratch like the cheap ones I currently have.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    ESS ICE are all I wear when shooting. Great product.
    ANGLICO likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Links