Gun Belts

This is a discussion on Gun Belts within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I have a friend that had a gun belt that wasn't supporting his holster/firearm very well,he has a 44" waist,so I told him I'd ...

Thread: Gun Belts

Gun Belts

Well I have a friend that had a gun belt that wasn't supporting his holster/firearm very well,he has a 44" waist,so I told him I'd see what I could do.You can't get the wilderness Ractical style buckle without buying a belt,so I settled on a standard "D" Ring buckle and a Military Style Pants buckle the kind that has a sliding lock.
    So I found a website and bought some 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" black webbing and some 1 1/4" black webbing with 2 horizontal pink stripes.I have an Industrial sewing machine and had some kydex laying around and cut 2 12" sections for each side of the belt,then I cut the webbing to length for a 1 1/4" and a 1 1/2" belt and glued and stitched it up,It cost me about $3.50 per belt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    They offer several models, but this is what I wear:
    Original S.O.E. Gear

that is a bad ass belt. I have the Wilderness belt, is this more durable?

I have a wilderness Tactical also,the problem I had is the Wilderness Tactical belt doesn't have any stiffeners and allowed my gun to sag away from my body,On my Belt with the kydex strips glued and sewed in place it keeps the holster firmly against my side,I now have the rectangular D rings for 1 1/2" belts which allow me to use the double webbing all the way to the end
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I also just bought the SOE 1.5" EDC belt here:
    Original S.O.E. Gear

It's probably the stiffest, most durable belt you'll ever own. It's guaranteed for life. If you kill it, they fix it or replace it. period.
    It's super stiff, has an amazing parachute grade buckle fastener, and it fits standard 1.5" belt loops on pants, and holsters. It also comes in a variety of mix and match colors of your choosing. Each one is made to order.

Mine is like these, just black on black.

I also have the cobra duty belt all black and it is stiff,belts fit easily thru my jeans belt loops, but are a pain to put them thru my dickies work pants.also love my leather looper law enforcement belt.
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

cj
    I realize the original post was 6 months old, but thought I'd chime in for anyone looking for belt closure hardware a little more durable than D or O rings...look for parachute gear supply companies...Parachutes? Skydiving equipment? Shop ParaGear.com! (if the link works) has a number of options, and if you scroll down the page, you start finding V-ring options which I've seen used on quite a few belt makers' designs.

Links