Ladies, show me your pretties! (Guys, just...walk away)

This is a discussion on Ladies, show me your pretties! (Guys, just...walk away) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh my that holster is pretty. Think black leather with lavender thread :). Going to email them and see if it can be made for ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Ladies, show me your pretties! (Guys, just...walk away)

Oh my that holster is pretty. Think black leather with lavender thread :). Going to email them and see if it can be made for my gun.
    LaraCroft10 likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

2. Remove Ads

Ok, so we didn't actually do this, but a co-worker left his gun at work (secured from anyone who didn't work there, very small group). It was his first carry gun as he just turned 21. We discussed bedazzling it; should have seen his face when he was told of our plans.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Great to see more women getting intrested in the sport and that holster looks like its begging to be the home of a new carry piece.
    navajoRN likes this.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Great thread. My wife likes shooting sports allmost as much as I do, therefore we enjoy shooting together often. If she sees something she likes, I don't care if it's peeirishpurple, I'm gettin it for her.

Donnie D
    navajoRN likes this.

My wife insisted on the pink camo rifle cases for her 20gauge and 22 semi so that I would not call them "my rifles". I thought all the guns were mine! mine mine mine!
    navajoRN likes this.

I am not particularly girly in the grand scheme of things, but something about immersing myself in a male-dominated hobby makes me embrace my feminism even more and like to show it off. So I'm having fun with my girly shooting accessories.

^^^^ I am right there with you. I actually have the same earmuffs because I bought some for my son, his girlfriend, and me all in the same day and Walmart only had one pair in black. I didn't think my son would appreciate the pink! But now I actually like them. My shooting glasses are also pink. My pistol I have right now is definitely not "pretty" but my next one will be. I am already thinking about my second one- stainless steel and I will get customs grips too. Range bag right now is just a boring blue one. Once I need a bigger one it's definitely gonna be something cute.

However, I think it is really important to make an impression at the range. I am so tired of going there and the few women that are shooting are 1) squealy, 2) acting like they are afraid of shooting and seem like they are there under duress, and 3) can't hit the target. When there is one like that at the range I really love sending the target way down range, taking out the Mosin Nagant rifle and shooting it (really well)! It's damn loud and I am quite accurate with it. Should be even better next week since I have finally admitted I need prescription glasses!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I have one daughter who is all for 'pink' shooting stuff. She has a pink rug and safety glasses, probably will get the muffs too. She currently has a black CZ but is looking forward to a J-frame with pink grips.

Another daughter doesn't want ANYTHING PINK getting near her gun stuff.
    Her Walther is black. She says guns and accessories should all be black, like death. (that's a joke folks)
    She doesn't even like stainless or nickel guns. Where did I go wrong?
    LaraCroft10 and navajoRN like this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Here is a pic of my wife's edc weapon. Its a SIG P238 "Lady" Very hard to find around my area.

P238-Lady.jpg
    Eichorn, hek1620, Sister and 4 others like this.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I have one daughter who is all for 'pink' shooting stuff. She has a pink rug and safety glasses, probably will get the muffs too. She currently has a black CZ but is looking forward to a J-frame with pink grips.

Another daughter doesn't want ANYTHING PINK getting near her gun stuff.
    Her Walther is black. She says guns and accessories should all be black, like death. (that's a joke folks)
    She doesn't even like stainless or nickel guns. Where did I go wrong?
    You didn't!

Two young ladies that will always be able to defend themselves... That's a good thing!

I see too many news reports of sexual assaults, of home invasions, of car jackings, of stalkings, abductions, etc. In many of them, the victims are female.

However old they are now, help them plan on attending a higher education facility that allows for weapons on campus. I know, they won't be able to carry until they're 21... but it's good to have options.

Nah, you didn't "go wrong" at all... And you know it...

Sure, all of us males like to save the "damsel in distress," but there's nothing "prettier" or "more attractive" IMO, than a woman who can handle her self... And only plays at "the weaker sex" for our benefit.

Give me a woman any day who will stand with me back to back and be prepared to take on the dragons. That's what I married, and I couldn't be happier.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post
    Ok. I'm late arriving, but this sort of thread makes me sick.
    Yeah those darn women need to stay in the kitchen and let us He Men pertect them
    daddysgirl, Sister and navajoRN like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

All of my stuff is black or gray, so nothing that falls under pretty.

Now my 3 yr old daughter has other plans...She brought me a Mossberg catalog the other day opened up to one of their 802 Plinkster with the pink stock and told my husband and I that she needed a pretty dress to go with the pretty gun that she just knows Santa is going to get her.
    He who can't protect Himself or his family through non violent means should do so through violence. He who can not do either is a burden. He lives in helplessness and will crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully. - Paraphrased from Gandhi

Re: Ladies, show me your pretties! (Guys, just...walk away)

I am so tired of going there and the few women that are shooting are 1) squealy, 2) acting like they are afraid of shooting and seem like they are there under duress, and 3) can't hit the target.
    That's a little harsh. They are probably new & excited. It's ok to have fun with shooting.

I've taken three friends to the range this year for their first time. They were squealy, nervous and couldn't hit the target, but they had fun and at least two are now considering getting their CCP and buying a pistol.

Nor am I myself any kind of competitive shooter. But I still like to go to the range even if I miss sometimes.
    LaraCroft10 and navajoRN like this.

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrackerktm View Post
    That's a little harsh. They are probably new & excited. It's ok to have fun with shooting.

I've taken three friends to the range this year for their first time. They were squealy, nervous and couldn't hit the target, but they had fun and at least two are now considering getting their CCP and buying a pistol.

Nor am I myself any kind of competitive shooter. But I still like to go to the range even if I miss sometimes.
    I will admit, the first time I shot a full auto Mac 11 I felt like squealing. :D
    blitzburgh and NONAME762 like this.

I just came to look at the pictures
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

Re: Ladies, show me your pretties! (Guys, just...walk away)

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    I will admit, the first time I shot a full auto Mac 11 I felt like squealing. :D
    I think I would too!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links