Electronic gun safe failure - Page 3

Electronic gun safe failure

This is a discussion on Electronic gun safe failure within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rock and Glock In the "For what it is worth" category, the owner of the store where I purchased my safe indicated ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Electronic gun safe failure

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    In the "For what it is worth" category, the owner of the store where I purchased my safe indicated digital locks accounted for 90% or so of all lock failures. That is just his informal observation over time.

That is not to say digitals will fail, or do fail given time, it is merely an informal comparison.
    I'm more scared now!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    Is Y2K coming again?
    A solar storm that knocks out all electronics and the grid will not be like Y2K or Y2Kare. This is not man made hype to bilk billions out of the sheep. Solar storms are a scientific fact and have effected the planet before. It may not happen next year but the chances of it happening in our or our children's life time in great. Being prepared is a way of life not a event that takes place with a purchase of any particular item. Get prepared now while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I have a 21 gun safe from BassPro. One of their RedHead safes. It's been great and I have no legitimate complaints. I could nitpick it if I wanted but there is really nothing to complain about for a budget safe. Despite my thread title, it has NOT failed. It works perfectly.

However, I got to thinking about, what if the electronic keypad fails? And I don't mean the battery, but the electronics themselves. I was not supplied any kind of key and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to insert a key in case the electronics do fail. What do you do then? I guess call a lock smith. But is there anything I can do myself? I know these safes aren't completely "break in" proof. I have it mainly for fire protection and as a common house burglar deterrent. I think you could get into it, but not quickly.

I'd just like to know in case of emergency. I'd think there has to be some kind of mechanical "back up".
    If you can prove the safe belongs to you, a locksmith can get into it. They have their ways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links