Red Laser w/160 Lumen Flashlight w/ Release Mount

This is a discussion on Red Laser w/160 Lumen Flashlight w/ Release Mount within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Red Laser w/160 Lumen Flashlight w/ Release Mount - Flashlights by AR 15 Scopes Anyone own one? Is this a good quality light and laser? ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Wannaxds
  • 1 Post By GlassWolf

Thread: Red Laser w/160 Lumen Flashlight w/ Release Mount

VIP Member

Red Laser w/160 Lumen Flashlight w/ Release Mount

Red Laser w/160 Lumen Flashlight w/ Release Mount - Flashlights by AR 15 Scopes

Anyone own one? Is this a good quality light and laser?

Thanks!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

For 30 bucks more you can get a Streamlight that has some sort of service/reputation behind it. I'd highly advise against cheaping out on a life that could save your life one day. I realize all lights, including Streamlights have had their failures... but Barska is airsoft stuff.
    BenGoodLuck and Doodle like this.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Do try to avoid using airsoft stuff on a real gun. The airsoft stuff is neither tested, or rated to use on something that has as much shock factor as a gun when it's shot. The sudden jolt of that gun can, and often has caused cheap rail mounted tac lights and lasers to fail. Look at a lot of the amazon reviews of similar products.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Thank you, Wannaxds and GlassWolf, for your comments and recommendations.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    If you're set on laser and light both, try the Viridian X5L (gen 2) otherwise if you want a cheap tac light that seems to work really well (for me so far anyway) try amazon, and look at the "Nebo Protec Elite HP190" 190 lumen tac light, rail mounted, with strobe. It's a quick disconnect light.
    I also tried out the UTAC green laser from amazon, which is cheap, and works very well. Both items run on a single CR123A, and are QD. They even have interchangeable heads, so if you mount one body, you can switch out the light and laser heads if you like.

Links