Anybody Else See A Potential Problem Having One Of These??

Anybody Else See A Potential Problem Having One Of These??

This is a discussion on Anybody Else See A Potential Problem Having One Of These?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This clever alarm clock is a fun new way to get yourself alert and out of bed every morning. When the buzzer goes off, you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Anybody Else See A Potential Problem Having One Of These??

VIP Member

Question Anybody Else See A Potential Problem Having One Of These??

This clever alarm clock is a fun new way to get yourself alert and out of bed every morning. When the buzzer goes off, you won't find any snooze button to hit. Instead, reach for the handgun-shaped remote and nail the digital target to turn it off. You'll be focused, energized and ready to take on the day instead of crawling back under the sheets for an other fifteen minutes. It's playful, it's practical and after all the extra morning time you'll have on your hands, you'll be glad to have ordered one for yourself.

Pics here................Dealfind Deal of The Day, Local Daily Deals
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Sooo ... training to grab/squeeze a gun while groggy, at the moment one awakes? Hm. Fun, perhaps, but I'd wonder what I would be training myself to do, when the 3am false-alarm (or intrusion) occurs.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would NOT own one! I can forsee numerous scenarios--all leading to a massive FAIL! And the subsequent bad press! "Sorry officer, I thought I had grabbed the remote and grabbed my Glock instead! I didn't mean to shoot the clock, wake up the neighbors, and have them call 911!" And that is probably the least bad thing that could happen!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Moderator
    I have a fantasy that I will share with all y'all

The first night after I retire or win the lotto (which ever comes first) I set my alarm and place a hammer beside it on the night stand. The next morning the alarm goes off and I pick up the hammer and smash that sucker into teeny tiny pieces........
    Brady, wmhawth, jbum and 9 others like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    scary possibilities...

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Ooh, sorry people in the next apartment! Wrong gun!
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Yeah...

Probably NOT a good idea.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

At first before clicking the link,I was thinking the alarm was the sound of gunfire,and somebody asking why all the holes in the wall,and me saying I 'hit the snooze" button
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Train as you'd fight, so you'll fight as you train.

I can see it now: "BANNGG! Oh, sorry dear. I meant to hit the 'snooze' button instead."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I'd prefer this one... Although mine wouldn't last long because it'd probably get chucked across the room when I got frustrated and/or irritated with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7TihoHf_hM

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I have a fantasy that I will share with all y'all

The first night after I retire or win the lotto (which ever comes first) I set my alarm and place a hammer beside it on the night stand. The next morning the alarm goes off and I pick up the hammer and smash that sucker into teeny tiny pieces........
    The "first day" that I didn't have to go to work after I retired...... between 20-30 people I know all called me early in the morning ..... to tell me " they thought I ought to get my rear out of bed". ...... I hated every single one of them that morning. I swore, to get even . I have ..... one by one...... calling them at noon while they are at work and telling them.... " I slept late today and just got up .... going fishing later, but thought I would give you a call and see how you were doing ". One long time friend, I called ... and asked them , "you know what ... I got up this morning ... and you wouldn't believe what I decided to do today ...... NOTHING .... I decided to just 'relax' today" ... "how's it going for you " .
    minimalbrat and JDE101 like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

BritishAgent likes this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

mkh
    All those fancy alarm clocks for people who don't have the self discipline to just get up when the alarm goes off. What has the world come to?

My husband, now retired, gets up about 11 am lol. He stays up all night and watches tv. I yelled up the stairs " HEYYYYYYYYY LAZY, are you going to get up?" He yelled down, " HEYYYYYYYYYYY PERSON WHO DIDN'T HAVE TO GET UP AT 4 AM I am catching up on 35 years of sleep. "

Did I get up at 4 am with him you might ask. Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND. I am chipper in the morning. I am a morning person. If I get up I am going to chat, I am going to talk. He didn't want to be talked to so I wasn't getting up until the kids got up at 6 lol.

I like the gun clock lol
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I'm a morning person so I will refrain from judgement.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links