No more Crimson Trace for me - Page 2

No more Crimson Trace for me

This is a discussion on No more Crimson Trace for me within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If anyone wants to take their CT off a Shield, I might be interested in buying it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: No more Crimson Trace for me

If anyone wants to take their CT off a Shield, I might be interested in buying it.

I think Lasers are for mall ninjas
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

I'm a fan.. My 9c set up for HD
    Attached Images
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I have them on my 1911 EDC "just in case".

As others have said, you should train and prepare to be in a situation where you can't use them. But, they are nice to have in case you might need them.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    I think Lasers are for mall ninjas
    Oh. You mean like all of our troops in the Military? Those Mall Ninjas?
    The vast majority of Crimson Trace laser products are manufactured to fill Military Contracts. Just FYI.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Oh. You mean like all of our troops in the Military? Those Mall Ninjas?
    The vast majority of Crimson Trace laser products are manufactured to fill Military Contracts. Just FYI.
    I think you know what i meant.I was just being funny. You know just as well as I know, most consumers who buy lasers buy them just for cool factor
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Administrator
    I thought that you were.

I (for sure) do not think that they are a necessity item but, I can envision some civilian self defensive scenarios where having one could be beneficial. Especially should a defensive scenario take a turn for the worse. I also think that some folks with vision related problems can be helped greatly by having one on their firearm.

Many folks that have one do not use it correctly. They basically want to still use their handgun sights and then verify with the laser dot.
    Actually they should not be focused on the firearm at all and both eyes should be focused out on the threat.

Really I do not think the battery issue is an issue at all. Heck...you buy the Crimson Trace grips and they will keep giving you free batteries.
    I have one set on a 1911 and (like most folks) do not ever use them though I will occasionally take a couple of laser shots on a paper target just to make certain that they are still spot on.

I think that some of of the smaller mouse guns can benefit from being laser equipped but, as mentioned above for most common civilian defensive situations a laser would likely not be needed.

I have the ctl for the m&p40.I took them off.Nothing wrong with them.Put a set of night sights on it.Just a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I thought that you were.

I (for sure) do not think that they are a necessity item but, I can envision some civilian self defensive scenarios where having one could be beneficial. Especially should a defensive scenario take a turn for the worse. I also think that some folks with vision related problems can be helped greatly by having one on their firearm.

Many folks that have one do not use it correctly. They basically want to still use their handgun sights and then verify with the laser dot.
    Actually they should not be focused on the firearm at all and both eyes should be focused out on the threat.

Really I do not think the battery issue is an issue at all. Heck...you buy the Crimson Trace grips and they will keep giving you free batteries.
    I have one set on a 1911 and (like most folks) do not ever use them though I will occasionally take a couple of laser shots on a paper target just to make certain that they are still spot on.

I think that some of of the smaller mouse guns can benefit from being laser equipped but, as mentioned above for most common civilian defensive situations a laser would likely not be needed.
    BINGO. We have a winner.

All my carry guns have lasers. In case I run out of ammo, I can use it to designate the target for Hellfire missile strikes from the DHS drones I always have orbiting around me. Top that, Gecko45!
    In all seriousness, there have been so many documented cases of belligerent thugs becoming instantly compliant when lased that I feel it is a worthwhile addition to the arsenal. It's a worthwhile potential advantage, in addition to all the other points raised.

As to the rest...

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I'm not a mall ninja, a cop, a soldier or a Rambo; just a regular guy who wants to have the best chance of putting hits on target in situations when the iron sights can't be where my eyes can see them. The laser sight is a tool that can enable me to do that. That is why I use one.

I don't like them either.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have CT lasers on four of my SD handguns and I use them extensively in my training program. As we age the front sight gets harder and harder to see even with night sights. Before the laser I practiced the point and shoot method, this acquired skill coupled with the laser has reduced my time between the draw, target acquisition and the hit on the target. It does take training because it is hard to overcome the tendency to use the handgun's sights. To perfect any new skill it takes practice and to maintain continued proficiency in the skill it takes continued practice/training.

I don't look at a SD gun as being pretty or ugly, I look at it as a tool to possibly save my life or a family members life.
    If beautify was a prime consideration in the purchase of a SD handgun one of the most popular handguns today made in Austria would be, IMO, one of the ugliest.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I may be wrong but is a laser all that effective if the target is moving? I want the kimber with the laser but decided against it.

Southern Indiana but have a permanent residence in South Coastal Texas
    Had CTL`s on my SP101 and i took them off and put stock grips back on. Just do not care for them myself.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have"--- Thomas Jefferson, 1778.

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    I may be wrong but is a laser all that effective if the target is moving? I want the kimber with the laser but decided against it.
    My experience FWIW: If you are trying to swing across or maintain lead on a moving target in daylight, iron sights are what you need. Doing the same in low light, the laser is better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links