Beretta in a Concealed Carry Purse?

This is a discussion on Beretta in a Concealed Carry Purse? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own a 9mm Beretta and am looking for a concealed carry purse. Most purses are designed to hold smaller guns, the ones I can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beretta in a Concealed Carry Purse?

Beretta in a Concealed Carry Purse?

I own a 9mm Beretta and am looking for a concealed carry purse. Most purses are designed to hold smaller guns, the ones I can find are several hundred dollars.

Can anyone tell me where to find a concealed carry purse under a hundred dollars that would fit my gun?

Also looking for suggestions on other comfortable ways to carry this size of gun.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    [QUOTE=fordgirl20;2450853]I own a 9mm Beretta and am looking for a concealed carry purse. Most purses are designed to hold smaller guns, the ones I can find are several hundred dollars.

Can anyone tell me where to find a concealed carry purse under a hundred dollars that would fit my gun?

Also looking for suggestions on other comfortable ways to carry this size of gun.

You are probably going to have to tell us which Beretta, My little 21 will fit in my palm, and My sons 92 is a lot bigger. When my wife purse carried she would find a purse with separate zippered dividers and put in there a minimal holster attached to a hard backing . The backing was to hold the pistol up in position to be drawn. She made the backing from cardboard or plastic and just moved the leather holster from purse to purse.

Honestly you might just do better to get yourself a wallet holster and just put it in a normal purse. Much more versatile, a little less obvious, and probably cheaper. As long as the bag you have has a decent pocket that you can dedicate to your gun, this is the route I would take. I'm not a fan of purse-carry to begin with, though, and generally carry on-body. I have pocket-carried when I'm in a coat or hoodie and want easy access, and I plan to get a wallet holster for those times.

Welcome to the boards, let us know what you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by fordgirl20 View Post
    I own a 9mm Beretta and am looking for a concealed carry purse. Most purses are designed to hold smaller guns, the ones I can find are several hundred dollars.

Thanks!
    I know having a place to carry all your stuff is important but so should you weapon of choice, here is the websight for a concealment holster the puts your weapon close. Because if you think about it what is the first thing the bad guy wants, YOUR PURSE
    Cell Pal Discreet Conceled Carry Holster Deep Concealment Holster Total Concealment undercover ccw armed citizens conceled weapon permit no fanny packs deep cover covert carry

no I do not work for these guys but I have one. My wife has no idea that I have my G17 concealed most of the time

I agree, purse carry is not my first choice either, I definitely see the cons to that decision. I like the idea of a wallet holster, hadn't heard of those before.

I'm totally not opposed to carrying it on me, but really, it's rather large, and concealing it on me would, I think, be tough.

I checked out the Cell Pal and unfortunately, my pants don't have extra space. I'm a girl, I have hips. :)

Where is a good spot for a girl to carry on-person without buying a whole new wardrobe?

I agree, purse carry is not my first choice either, I definitely see the cons to that decision. I like the idea of a wallet holster, hadn't heard of those before.

I'm totally not opposed to carrying it on me, but really, it's rather large, and concealing it on me would, I think, be tough.

I checked out the Cell Pal and unfortunately, my pants don't have extra space. I'm a girl, I have hips. :)

Where is a good spot for a girl to carry on-person without buying a whole new wardrobe?
    My apologies if you've seen this already... she's pretty much always the first link when someone asks that question. This girl's videos are gold, though

Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube

ETA: I'm not sure what the exact specs are of your Beretta, but if that's the gun you absolutely will be carrying, don't let the size discourage you too quickly. Keep in mind that when you start carrying on your body you will feel like you are positively GLOWING and that everyone within a mile radius knows you're armed. Really, even with women's clothes (I wear a lot of form-fitted and "girly" tops), it is a lot more difficult to tell than you think. It's a big psychological adjustment, but it gets easier, I promise
    daddysgirl likes this.

This is the exact question my wife asked me to get answered on this forum. She's getting a small revolver, maybe a Bodyguard or 637, for Christmas and was wondering how other women carry outside of a purse. A purse would be a terrible place to CC for obvious reasons. So I hope you get some good intel, fordgirl!

EDIT: Thanks, Lyz! Our posts crossed in the mail.
    fordgirl20 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Checkout our very own limatunes you tube channel Choosing a Comfortable IWB - YouTube
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Re: Beretta in a Concealed Carry Purse?

Galco has several different type of purses and covert day planners for that matter.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

RAL
    You've never said which Beretta 9mm you have.

I have a Beretta Nano (9mm) which I consider pretty small. I appendix carry. No one can tell. Where you carry depends on what is comfortable for you and where you are curvy. Carrying on the outside of the hip (at the 3:00 position assuming you are right handed) is probably never going to make it unless you can open carry. Our curves just cause the gun grip to stick out too much. The small of the back (6:00) is dangerous to your spine if you happen to fall. Certain outfits combined with a good Inside the Waist Band (IWB) holster can do a good job over your back pocket (4:00-5:00). Depending on the outfit, you may be able to use an Outside the Waste Band (OWB) holster at that location especially in the winter months. Because of how I'm built, IWB at about 2:00 equals hidden, comfortable all day (sitting/standing/walking), and accessible in a hurry. I can even draw my gun covertly (even seated) because I don't have to reach around my back.

Watch the videos written about earlier, and try things out around the house and see what works for you. If your 9mm is really big, you may want keep it for your household protection gun, and choose a smaller one to carry.

Check out The Well Armed Woman and Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat. . Both are really great sites for women (and men) with loads of suggestions and information.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

RAL
    Check out the purses by GUN TOTE'N MAMAS - Concealed Carry Handbags by Gun Tote'n Mamas . Some are less than $100.00 and they are very well made.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

I can second the GTM. My wife just got one for her LCR and it fits well. Her permit hasn't yet come in so she hasn't been able to use it. I don't mind taking some pics or posting dimensions if you ever tell us the model of your firearm. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    Check out the purses by GUN TOTE'N MAMAS - Concealed Carry Handbags by Gun Tote'n Mamas . Some are less than $100.00 and they are very well made.
    Another vote for Gun Tote'n Mamas. I agree, purse carry is not a first choice, however, sometimes it's unavoidable (wearing skirts, dresses, etc.). I have The Raven, cross-body shoulder pouch in black. I don't carry much stuff in my purse so this is great size. It fits my Glock 19 and 30sf. I've even fit my husband's Sig 1911 Scorpion in the gun compartment. This model also got a favorable review from Kathy Jackson in USCCA magazine. It's well made and the strap has a metal cable running down the middle to prevent thieves from cutting the strap.

Administrator
    Cabela's has a fairly extensive line of concealed carry purses. $99 ~ $69 etc. Including Gun Tote'n Mamas. Check there.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

GALCO has some really high quality leather purses but, they are more $$ than you'll want to spend.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links