red dot/holo Optics with recticle while powred off

This is a discussion on red dot/holo Optics with recticle while powred off within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Besides the Meprolight 21 and Trijicon reflex which don't have power unless you get the tripower which is not cheap don't realy work for me. ...

Thread: red dot/holo Optics with recticle while powred off

Besides the Meprolight 21 and Trijicon reflex which don't have power unless you get the tripower which is not cheap don't realy work for me.

The gun I'm focusing on is the PS90

There is the PK-AS weaver from Belarus but it is quite tall and heavy and currently cost $350 which is the same as a on sale Eotech 512 but the soviet glass isn't as clear.

Is there anything other options in the $350 and under new or used price? I'm wary of tritium or battery only, since I want it to last forever if needed.

The reflexes are ok but Ive herd mixed reviews and they seem kind of small.

The other option is to get a used USG sight and add power to it.
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

There is a mini ACOG yellow ring and dot but its 1050 msrp so it will be more than the gun
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

I am planning on putting a Burris MTAC on my next AR build. It is a 1-4x scope, that has an illuminate reticle, calibrated as a BDC for 5.56. And the reticle is there without power. It currently is selling for about $400, which is slightly above your range, but not by much.

If this is going on an AR, it could be a contender for you.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

The BDC wouln't work for a 5.7x28 unless its for a 5.56 "short" (JK) but Ill keep it in mind

Sponsored Links