vortex strikefire

vortex strikefire

This is a discussion on vortex strikefire within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This question has prob. been posted before, But here goes>>>>>>>>>>> does anyone here have the vortex strikefire, and if you do do you like it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MASSIVE

Thread: vortex strikefire

vortex strikefire

This question has prob. been posted before, But here goes>>>>>>>>>>> does anyone here have the vortex strikefire, and if you do do you like it ?
    I have been reading elsewhere and they seem to get great reviews. Ant help would be appreciated.
    david

I have one on my Bravo Company M4. Quite a nice little scope for a ridiculously low price.

I have the "normal" ("hunting?") version on a 1/2" riser (long story - I just prefer it that way). Holds zero very well (although don't kid yourself by thumb-tightening the bolt - Use a wrench - gently, of course). Still on the original battery, caps are a little tight but those break in... For the bucks, I don't know if there's anything better.
    kmagnuss likes this.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Mine is alright. I have had to use the lifetime warranty and send it in because the power button was no longer functioning (no click sound or switch function). I paid to send it in, but it was a reasonable turn around time and they paid return shipping.

When the brightness is turned up to maximum, the dot gets kind of fuzzy but you probably wouldn't notice in bright daylight. My dot is generally kept at a low or medium setting. The glass has a slight blue tint to it, but that might be what the lens coatings show as. Some light may flood the outer edges of the sight when you turn the brightness up, but it isn't that big of a deal for me. I for one really like the night vision mode. It is nice for the lower light levels during the evenings and nights when I'm shooting the 200yd gong at my range. You can barely see it. The 2x magnifier that comes with it is kind of crappy, but it is what it is. Battery life is excellent. I can't tell you how many times I've picked up my AR after shooting it a few days prior to find the red dot (for some reason) was still powered on. I'm still on the original battery but I store a spare in my stock's compartment. Ebay is a good source for non-common batteries like the CR2 it takes. I have the high mount for my Strikefire for a perfect co-witness with my folding iron sights on my AR. I like that because first I can check and compare alignment with irons vs red dot if something gets moved or bumped.

The caps suck. I would only get them to completely snap into place with a reasonable amount of time and effort by applying vaseline around the cap lips. I just took them off because they were annoying and kind of pointless. In a youtube video, James Yeager recommended that you leave caps off of your optics unless they're very valuable, fragile, or you're just storing them. It makes sense for a home defense weapon. It means fewer actions I have to worry about if I need to use my AR for defense and now I don't have the caps flopping around and partially blocking my vision.

Ultimately, you have to decide if you need a decent budget optic (Primary Arms, Vortex, etc), or a professional grade optic (Aimpoint, Eotech). Don't expect Aimpoint quality at a Vortex price point, but the Strikefire is still a nice red dot for the money and they are a reputable company with a lifetime warranty on the optic. The Strikefire is definitely a reasonable compromise between a piece of crap red dot and a $400 Aimpoint PRO (what the Vortex is designed to look like). My friend has a Sparc on his AK and I like the smaller, crisper dot for 200 yard shooting so look at that one too.

Edit: I've owned mine for maybe 10 months so far. Also, mine is the red dot only version.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have the red/green version, good optic for the money. The screw in doubler is pretty worthless IMHO.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

vortex strikefire

I have one on my SGL21. I get a little less than lower 3rd cw. It's not the cleanest dot but it's alright. I didn't feel like putting a $450 optic on an AK so i put a strikefire on instead. it has worked fine so far. the multiplier is still in the box so I have no input about it.

Thanks fro the reply's fellas.

Adding my $0.02 as well. I've had mine for about a month and I like it. I have the red/green, and I prefer the green. The dot is kind of big, but I guess that goes with the price point territory. I have very little experience but as my first optic, I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    The screw in doubler is pretty worthless IMHO.
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's a pain to install, and your field of view narrows and blurs.

I had one. Sold it with the gun it was on. I will buy another one soon... can't beat it for the money for sure.

PSA currently has Strikefires on sale for anyone who wants to buy one. $50 off with the code.. Vortex StrikeFire Red/Green Dot Scope

Just purchased a strikefire Red-Green from PSA, $126.99 with shipping. now the waiting begins. Thanks guy's

Sponsored Links