Glow-On Paint is a waste of money

This is a discussion on Glow-On Paint is a waste of money within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading up on the bright paint and seeing ads on these gun forums, I bought some Glow-On paint to brighten up my sights in ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AdamSean

Thread: Glow-On Paint is a waste of money

Glow-On Paint is a waste of money

After reading up on the bright paint and seeing ads on these gun forums, I bought some Glow-On paint to brighten up my sights in the daylight and have some glowing sights at night. To save some time, DON'T! It is horrible. The original white dots are much brighter in the light and the paint doesn't glow enough at night. Its bright when you charge it with a flashlight, but a bad guy isn't going to wait while you charge up your sights. Forget the paint and just spring for the night sights.
    lchamp likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    My Sig Sauer night sights are so bright that I place them on the night stand in such a way that I can't see them until I pick up the gun.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    My Sig Sauer night sights are so bright that I place them on the night stand in such a way that I can't see them until I pick up the gun.
    3 of my Sigs have factory night sights and they are VERY bright.

SigLite night sights are the absolute best. They will glow all night long and more! I should have said the gun I want the sights on is my Beretta Nano. They finally came out with the easy to install night sights, which I may order next payday.

RAL
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I want the sights on my Beretta Nano.
    If my husband asks me what I want for Christmas, depending on how we're doing financially, I'll request a set for my Nano. They look like a nice addition!
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

LMAO >>.. I have the truglo, and was wearing a white t-shirt...... and we ran late on things and it had turned dark. On the way into one store my granddaughter said " uuuuuuuuhhhhh, I think you might have a problem" .... and pointed to my hip.
    They were just shining as green as could be thru my white t-shrit.... and quite visible. I just kept my arm there until we were inside under the lights.... and never wore a white - shirt when I had the gun on again.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

RAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    LMAO >>.. I have the truglo, and was wearing a white t-shirt . . . they were just shining as green as could be thru my white t-shrit.... and quite visible. I . . . never wore a white - shirt when I had the gun on again.
    Thanks for the story. I never thought of that! LOL
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Links