What kind of wallet do you use for EDC?

This is a discussion on What kind of wallet do you use for EDC? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Amazon.com: Columbia Mens Front Pocket Wallet With Center Money Clip, Black, One Size: Clothing This is the thinest and easiest to tote around for me. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What kind of wallet do you use for EDC?

Amazon.com: Columbia Mens Front Pocket Wallet With Center Money Clip, Black, One Size: Clothing

This is the thinest and easiest to tote around for me. After an especially L-O-N-G drive many moons ago, the fat, overstuffed nylon 'athletic' wallet actually hurt my back after sitting in the same position for so long. This thin little gem holds just the necessitied and easily goes from back to front pocket when I think it's needed.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

New Member Array prehistoricpat's Avatar

Have hou ever considered an IWB wallet that could be tucked behind your hip bone? They are very comfortable and convenient. I would like to see one with a removable clip so I could wear it in a pocket without the clip if I was wearing say gym shorts or something.

In my wallet next to my license so i will have it with at all times.

I use a standard bifold leather wallet. It has a removable ID thing that has two clear slots and one is my DL other is weapons permit. Weapons permit isn't viewable unless I pull it out. I like it for when im wearing gym shorts without pockets because I can just put it over the waistband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have no wallet. I fold my currency in half and stack the packet with credit and ID cards in a front pants pocket. I can pull out a little cash or a credit card without showing anything else to the world.

I carry just a standard bifold leather wallet too. Nothing really exciting.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Standard tri-fold leather wallet. CHL behind my DL, facing backwards, car insurance cards behind that so it's all real handy in a traffic stop. Been carrying the same wallet for aaaaaaages. I keep the "stuff" to a minimum to keep it fairly slim, no credit cards or extras papers, I dump receipts as soon as I get home and only carry plastic money when I know and intend to use it, so impulse buys are either available cash or wait and think it over.
    Tri-fold fits better in women's pants. I never have been one for purses.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Cheap plastic holder with Dl and ccw and cc. In left front pocket and cash in right side pocket. Cash held with rubber band.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by prehistoricpat View Post
    What do you keep your permit in? Separate from your normal wallet? What kind of wallet?
    Alas, I keep my CPL in a wallet that has hardly any cash. Drat!

I keep my WA and FL carry licenses together.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Keep the permit right behind my license. I see no need in carrying the permit separate.
    Same here!

Big Skinny Wallet for my stuff... in the front pocket, it disappears. Carry my permit (which is folded paper in my county) in the cash pocket of the wallet. If you ask me for my wallet (while wielding a weapon), I'm likely to reach for my rear pocket... where my wallet should be... and display a firearm.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Tactical... Duhhhh

Re: What kind of wallet do you use for EDC?

Kidding, right?
    Excuse me officer while I reach for my gun to show you my license.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I have been using this Maxpedition wallet for going on about a year now.

I really like it a lot.

The $BILL$ compartment is a tiny bit too tight but, other than that it's perfect. I really like the see-thru web pocket area on the outside. That comes in real handy. It does not show in this PIC.

Looks pretty cool, which model is that?

Distinguished Member
    I carry a slim style leather wallet in my back pocket, just like I always have since I started carrying a wallet. Couldn't see myself wanting to put anything else IWB, got enough going on in there with gun/holster + mag pouch.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links