an interesting day today!

This is a discussion on an interesting day today! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off let me say that I and my body LOVE HOT HOT HOT food, and it's never bothered me. Well yesterday for lunch I ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By mkh
  • 1 Post By Tmarkert
  • 3 Post By BenGoodLuck

Thread: an interesting day today!

First off let me say that I and my body LOVE HOT HOT HOT food, and it's never bothered me.

Well yesterday for lunch I ate 40 of the suicide wings from Wings To (name with held for copyright protection) and didnt feel right after.
    I spent most of the night dashing for the restroom and drinking pepto. I called my boss at 7:30 pm last night to let him know I wasn't coming in today.
    Spent half the day in bed and then decided, what better day to run to the courthouse and drop off my CCW application. The man told me "wait right here" and ran all my checks, came up and took my picture, asked me for money and sent me on my way with LTCF in wallet!!!!!
    So I head home and clean my LCP and notice a problem with the recoil springs. Called the gun range and they had a set of stock springs there
    $4.00 later and the LCP is ready to rock, cleaned and all. I ask for a lane and as I am waiting I notice a used Hi-Point in the case. I asked to see it.
    CF380 for $125 with a spare mag AND case. It has a surpressor (or something) already attached to the barrel. Man told me "Go fire 20 rounds and see what you think. 10 minutes later and I bought the pistol and 50 more rounds. Ran 20 more through it and 12 through the LCP with NO FLAWS

Here it was my error that stretched the inner spring on last assembly!
    Home now and trying to figure out what to tell my future wife.. "It'll be easier for you to shoot" has crossed my mind, but then again she may think that means it's her's.

Her 14 year old just came home (he can shoot my LCP well, but cant work the slide if his life depended on it,) handed him the Hi point and her racked it, checked it for saftey, racked it two more times and handed it back like "No Big Deal"

What a day!!!! Now to just avoid the "WRATH OF TRACY!"

2. Remove Ads

mkh
    Future wife?

Tell her the truth. Don't start out a life together by lying to each other.

I now take off my marriage counselor hat and pass it to the next guy.
    Tmarkert and Rock and Glock like this.

Gee Tracy! I asked for an antacid and this is what they gave me!

either that or

Gee Tracy! it was this or a stomach pump. I chose the Hi-Point!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Ok... I'll take the hat for a minute...

"Hey, Tracy, I saw this and thought it might work for you. It didn't cost much, and it gives us a little more protection at home."

Or there's always the "Lookie what I got, isn't it pretty?!" But you have to throw it out there in a way that it confuses her and doesn't give her an opportunity to argue or ask too many questions- "Look at this, I got a REALLY great deal on it are you ready to go? I wanted to take you out to dinner; you look absolutely beautiful tonight."

Maybe the last one won't go over so well; don't throw in too much flattery or she'll get REALLY suspicious.

Passing off the hat now..
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I have the hat now? Oh ok...."Hey Tracy, lookie what they had at Jared's." Ok forget that. I'm passing it to goldshellback.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Went well actually, told her I went in for repair as I was cleaning the hi point ( OMG IT WAS NASTY!) and her response was
    "Is that a loaner or did you trade yours in for it"
    I said No this one is for plinking and as a side arm when you go hunting with the 30-06 I bought you two weeks ago. But it's mine and you can borrow it. And this gizmo is the compensator so that it has almost no kick like my LCP.
    She smiled and said "finish cleaning your new girlfriend so I can have the table for dinner.
    SHOCKED! Love a woman who enjoys shooting and verbally expresses her love/lust for the smell of gun powder
    BamaT likes this.
    Wife: Why do want to carry a gun all the time everywhere we go?
    Me: To protect you and the kids, keep myself safe, protect others if needed, and to express my love of my Constitutional Rights.
    Wife: Awwwwww OK <3

VIP Member
    Just a suggestion for the future - call her before you buy and ask her what she thinks. As long as you discuss stuff before hand, it will be better for both of you. And you'll avoid having to stock up on antacids!
    Burns, Tmarkert and BamaT like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

They, whoever they are, say it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission.. okay, maybe that's not good advice. However, hope you enjoy the new gun and stay out of the dog house.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

The wings made me do it.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmarkert View Post
    CF380 for $125 with a spare mag AND case. It has a suppressor (or something) already attached to the barrel.
    I'm assuming you mean a compensator.

Can't really go wrong for $125, enjoy it!
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Yes, it's a compensator, as a newbie to semi autos and having not owned a gun since 1991 I misspoke
    But it became a great selling point to the future wife.. She hated my LCP because of the recoil, and everytime to the range costed us an extra $5 so that she could use her 30-06. Hoping this saves us that extra $ till deer season, plus it takes the same rounds as the LCP so now I can justify buying that 1000 round case and saving even more money!

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    They make a grip for the LCP that is supposed to help with the recoil. It's about $9, link is below if interested.

Ruger LCP .380 : Hogue Inc., The Best Value In Handgun Grips, Rifle Stocks and Accessories - Bar None!

Been wanting to try one on my LCP but haven't gotten around to it yet, thought I'd share in case you haven't seen them before.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Thanks for the link Burns! Been looking at those too. Been hoping to read a review of them before I spent the $ first
    Wife: Why do want to carry a gun all the time everywhere we go?
    Me: To protect you and the kids, keep myself safe, protect others if needed, and to express my love of my Constitutional Rights.
    Wife: Awwwwww OK <3

Links