SHTF TEOTWAWKI - Antibiotics You Can Get Without A Prescription

This is a discussion on SHTF TEOTWAWKI - Antibiotics You Can Get Without A Prescription within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For your pet Fish & your Birds (of course) - Your cherished pet Fish & Birds need to survive infection free if & when things ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By ppkheat
  • 1 Post By Gunsmoke16
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: SHTF TEOTWAWKI - Antibiotics You Can Get Without A Prescription

Administrator

Post SHTF TEOTWAWKI - Antibiotics You Can Get Without A Prescription

For your pet Fish & your Birds (of course) - Your cherished pet Fish & Birds need to survive infection free if & when things go really sour.

It certainly is amazingly coincidental that some of the various antibiotics used to treat pet fish & birds are exactly the same as the antibiotics used to treat human beings that are suffering from infection.

And those fish & bird antibiotics (also quite coincidentally) are packaged in identical capsules and dosages as those intended for human beings.

So if you are concerned that your beloved pets may contract a serious infection and they need a course of antibiotics in order to stay alive - you can obtain them without a prescription.

Watch The Applicable Video & There Is A Link In The Upper Right Hand Corner.
    Videos | Doom and Bloom (TM)

2. Remove Ads

I love my pets...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    This is good info, thanks for sharing.

VIP Member
    There are several stores around here which cater to farmers and ranchers. These carry an array of medicines
    you might need in a TEOTWAWKI

Don't overlook the dewormers.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I like the way you worded that

Pets. What would we do without them?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Great post. I really do love my pets and will be sure to load up on antibiotics in case they need them if SHTF.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I like the way you liked the way I worded it.
    daddysgirl likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    There are quite a few antibiotics for pets. I'd print out a list as to what pet ailments are best treated with which pet antibiotic.
    RAL likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

you can get good anti-biotic broadspectrum drugs from the "Feed store" or the vet....but please do a little research, animal practice drugs are not buffered..not being designed for human-use, injectables will hurt you, and care should be taken as to dose-age.....calf scour bolis would work against some known Bio-weapon's...and would come in handy...but only in the event...

Neat product available almost everywhere is a sulfur-based cream called Nu-Stock. It comes in a large tube found in area where meds are for horses. tested safe on ALL animals for over 30yrs, even cats. Says not for humans. Ingredients are sulfur, pine tar and mineral oil. Friend told me about it that has several dogs. Works even on deep wounds (one yellow lab bit his other lab dog) if you keep putting it on, stops bactera and heals nicely. Actually tried it on several cuts over time from clearing my creek bank of brush. IF YOU'RE NOT ALLERGIC TO SULFUR, seems to heal a cut in about two days or so-much faster than neosporin. Sulfur was one of the first original antibiotic type drug used to treat soldiers during civil war, etc. until the invention of penicillin. Here's a link for comparison: Pierce's All-Purpose Nu-Stock NU-STOCK (Health Care - Wound Care)
    QKShooter likes this.

Administrator
    In my experience you should not use Neosporin on gashes that you want to fuse back together.

That petroleum jelly in NEO will not allow two areas of skin to join back together.

I like to just flush gash type injuries out really well with Iodine diluted with distilled water.

And then one of our highly qualified forum moderators (guess which one ) turned me on to the 3M STERI STRIPS & they work really well for keeping a wound closed.

I am pretty good these days at doing simple suturing but, if you are not able to stitch skin to do wound closure then FOR SURE buy yourself some Steri Strips for the Bug Out Bag.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    Neat product available almost everywhere is a sulfur-based cream called Nu-Stock. It comes in a large tube found in area where meds are for horses. tested safe on ALL animals for over 30yrs, even cats. Says not for humans. Ingredients are sulfur, pine tar and mineral oil. Friend told me about it that has several dogs. Works even on deep wounds (one yellow lab bit his other lab dog) if you keep putting it on, stops bactera and heals nicely. Actually tried it on several cuts over time from clearing my creek bank of brush. IF YOU'RE NOT ALLERGIC TO SULFUR, seems to heal a cut in about two days or so-much faster than neosporin. Sulfur was one of the first original antibiotic type drug used to treat soldiers during civil war, etc. until the invention of penicillin. Here's a link for comparison: Pierce's All-Purpose Nu-Stock NU-STOCK (Health Care - Wound Care)
    This reminds me of a true story. I knew an old WWII Navy man who had one of the early
    heart by-pass operations done by Dr. Cooley. They got the veins from his legs and he suffered terribly
    from the surgical wounds to his legs. One of his buddies was an "old time" Veterinarian who had
    once had a bovine practice. I have no clue what "doc" rubbed on the guy's feet, but he swore "doc"
    had fixed him up.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There are several stores around here which cater to farmers and ranchers. These carry an array of medicines
    you might need in a TEOTWAWKI

Don't overlook the dewormers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I like the way you liked the way I worded it.
    ^^^^HEY^^^^^^^^^^

I thought we wasn't supposed to have work-a-rou..............ah never mind
    QKShooter likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links