Pistol Trigger Locks

This is a discussion on Pistol Trigger Locks within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello to all, I was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction concerning Pistol Trigger Locks. At Amazon.com they have MasterLock and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By whoppo
  • 1 Post By blanco64

Thread: Pistol Trigger Locks

Pistol Trigger Locks

Hello to all,

I was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction concerning Pistol Trigger Locks. At Amazon.com they have MasterLock and The Club Trigger locks. Is there anyone member on this site that have any of the two and would suggest either to purchase?

I would like to use Trigger Lock so when in NO ZONE I can easily lock Trigger and leave Pistol in car.

I was also wondering if any member could recommend carry on car safe for Pistols. Amazon has a few that hold a Pistol/Magazine and can be bolted down to car for extra security. They also come with cable to secure around seat frame.

Thanks for your input

Frado

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I've got GunVault Nano 200's in each of my vehicles for occasions where I can't carry.
    It'll hold one full size (1911, XD-40 Service, etc) or two compact (Sig P238, P938) pistols and the steel cable is sturdy enough to deter most threats of theft.
    A trigger lock will not stop a thief from taking your weapon.. it will simply prevent him/her from shooting it right away.
    blanco64 and OldVet like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I have a few Master Lock keyed trigger locks that are very good quality. I'm looking at replacing them with the Master Lock resettable combination locks.

However, for in-car use, I agree with whoppo. I recommend something like a nano-vault that can be secured to the car. Better to keep the gun secured as much as possible vs. letting it get stolen and then giving them as much time as they need to remove the lock.
    Luckey1115 likes this.

I see no need for a trigger lock as it is easier to stow/hide the entire gun.

http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm

If I have to stow my gun for a short time in the truck, I use the Center of Mass Safe to lock up the firearm. It's easy enough to hide the safe in a 'hard to find' place and the gun is secure.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks to all of you that responded to my Topic, I really appreciate your suggestions...

Frado
    Philippians 1:23 "For I long to be with Christ".

Links