AR15 Mount for Burris Fastfire III Sight

This is a discussion on AR15 Mount for Burris Fastfire III Sight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to get a Burris Fastfire III Red Dot Sight 8 MOA Dot with Picatinny Mount Matte Black for my husband. I won't be ...

Thread: AR15 Mount for Burris Fastfire III Sight

AR15 Mount for Burris Fastfire III Sight

I'm going to get a Burris Fastfire III Red Dot Sight 8 MOA Dot with Picatinny Mount Matte Black for my husband. I won't be able kick around the pros and cons of this particular sight as I don't know much about them, only that he mentioned some time ago that he liked this one.

I'm sure he will want to use it on his AR15, and I see that this sight comes with a Picatinny mount, so it should fit. However, I was surfing around reading some reviews, and noticed that some guy had purchased one but also got this Weaver Offset Rail Adapter to mount his new Burris to his AR15.

So my question is ... why would he have needed that? Is it just something that you can quickly move from gun to gun, say, is it easier to detach it from the AR15 so he can use it on a pistol or something? Is there some advantage in using this adapter? I know there are Picatinny mounts and Weaver mounts, and most Weavers will fit Picatinny, but why is this mount necessary. Gee, all was going good until I saw this review and then started to wonder if I was missing a part.

Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Ads

The reasoning is so you can have the Fastfire mounted to the side of a higher powered scope.

The theory is that you just tilt the gun to one side and use the FF for close-in shots. They are the rage on game guns.

The real life concern is: what if you need to tilt the gun to the side that does not have the red dot mounted on it to fire?

Ahh, so bottom line is that I should pick up the rail adapter, too.

Thanks for your help!

No, not unless he plans to shoot it as a gamer gun.

If the primary sight is going to be the Fastfire, the mount that comes with it is all you need.

Got it, I must learn more about these accessories.

Very nice Christmas gift! He will like it! I, too, have a Burris FastFire on my AR. However, I purchased mine without a mount, believe the manufacturer part number for this one in 8 MOA is 300237. Wanted to provide better protection for the FastFire as I am very rough with my AR and didn't want to destroy it. Burris makes a picatinny protector mount which has a couple "wings" that wrap around the red dot to better protect it. The FastFire mounts to this protector and the protector then mounts to the picatinny rail. There is also a hex wrench/screw driver inside the mount along with a spare battery compartment. He'll have everything he needs to adjust the elevation and windage of the red dot along with changing the battery should it fail.

Have a safe Christmas!

fastfire picatinny mount.jpghttp://www.amazon.com/Burris-410330-Picatinny-Protector-FastFires/dp/B0016SCH10/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355094444&sr=8-5&keywords=burris+fastfire+iii

Quote Originally Posted by Otis2 View Post
    Very nice Christmas gift! He will like it! I, too, have a Burris FastFire on my AR. However, I purchased mine without a mount, believe the manufacturer part number for this one in 8 MOA is 300237. Wanted to provide better protection for the FastFire as I am very rough with my AR and didn't want to destroy it. Burris makes a picatinny protector mount which has a couple "wings" that wrap around the red dot to better protect it. The FastFire mounts to this protector and the protector then mounts to the picatinny rail. There is also a hex wrench/screw driver inside the mount along with a spare battery compartment. He'll have everything he needs to adjust the elevation and windage of the red dot along with changing the battery should it fail.

Have a safe Christmas!

fastfire picatinny mount.jpghttp://www.amazon.com/Burris-410330-Picatinny-Protector-FastFires/dp/B0016SCH10/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355094444&sr=8-5&keywords=burris+fastfire+iii
    I'm wondering if you have Fastfire II? According to the Burris website, the Picatinny Protector Mount (#410330) is not compatible with the Fastfire III.

Sorry, pointed you to the incorrect mount. OpticsPlanet has the mount I mentioned with the battery compartment and adjustment tool.

Burris AR-F3 AR Tactical Flat Top FastFire II and FastFire III Mount FREE S&H 410348. Burris AR15 Accessories.

No problem. I think I'll just order him the sight and then he'll have fun looking around for whatever other accessory he wants for it.

VIP Member
    Sorry, pointed you to the incorrect mount. OpticsPlanet has the mount I mentioned with the battery compartment and adjustment tool.

Burris AR-F3 AR Tactical Flat Top FastFire II and FastFire III Mount FREE S&H 410348. Burris AR15 Accessories.
    I have one of these set ups and it's not bad.

The problem is that it gets pretty expensive for the whole rig. Almost $300 for the sight and the mount. I suggest looking into an Aimpoint PRO for around $375ish. Aimpoint is the industry standard and will out perform and outlast the Burris sight. It will also hold it's resale value almost 100%.

Like I said, I have a Burris. I also have an Aimpoint and it is far superior to the Burris sight if his intent is to use the Burris as his primary sight.

I know OpticsPlanet says this fits the FastFire III. but the Burris web site still says it does not fit the III. Am I missing something?

Links