Pelican Case Recomendation

This is a discussion on Pelican Case Recomendation within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I'm looking Pelican case and am befuddled by all their options. I need a case that will fit a single handgun (CZ P-01 ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Will_Power
  • 2 Post By DocT65
  • 1 Post By noway2

Thread: Pelican Case Recomendation

Hey guys,

I'm looking Pelican case and am befuddled by all their options.

I need a case that will fit a single handgun (CZ P-01 - 3.8" barrel), weapon light, and two magazines in.

Any of you hard case pros able to make a recommendation that would fit?

2. Remove Ads

I recommend using this tool on their site if you want the smallest possible case: Pelican Products | Case Calculator

Then - do you want it to have foam in it for padding? How thick do you want the padding to be? Is this just for waterproofing?

Or just pick one that looks about right, with a little "fudge" room. Like maybe this one: Pelican*Products*1150*Case

Why do you need this?

Austin

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

I use a iM 2050 storm case for my HK P2000 SK, 3 magazines, and a light. Works with a cable lock for locking my pistol in my jeep.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    I recommend using this tool on their site if you want the smallest possible case: Pelican Products | Case Calculator

Then - do you want it to have foam in it for padding? How thick do you want the padding to be? Is this just for waterproofing?

Or just pick one that looks about right, with a little "fudge" room. Like maybe this one: Pelican*Products*1150*Case

Why do you need this?

Austin
    Thanks for the calculator; don't know how I didn't find that the first time.

Looks like an 1170 will work great for my needs.

As far as why I need it? I'm flying home for the holidays and want to take my handgun with me. Ergo, I need a decent, locking case.
    aus71383 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Power View Post
    Thanks for the calculator; don't know how I didn't find that the first time.

Looks like an 1170 will work great for my needs.

As far as why I need it? I'm flying home for the holidays and want to take my handgun with me. Ergo, I need a decent, locking case.
    You are choosing one of the best cases made for use in airline travel. Lockable, virtually indestructable, and many models have a pressure release that adjusts pressure with altitude. Amazon used to sell Pelican at good prices, free shipping and no tax.....I think they still carry them.
    aus71383 and schwanie like this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

I am getting a Pelican case for the upcoming holiday too. I picked one that is about the size of my normal luggage and has wheels and a handle. Last weekend, I flew with a lock box in the soft luggage but I would prefer to lock the whole thing. It is rare to be able to use the rules to your advantage and this is one of those rare instances.
    aus71383 likes this.

Just to update everyone, my 1170 arrived today and I spent my evening cutting it out.

I didn't bother with the fancy electric wire cutter jig setup from Arfcom. A plain jane razor blade worked just fine for me.

Originally, I wanted to store my TLR-1 light in it as well, but it seemed to be getting too cramped for me, so the Streamlight can just go in the bag with holsters and whatnot.

Pistol + 2 mags works fine by me.

I also use an IM2050 Storm in olive drab for my handgun. Beats the typical gun case you normally can buy. Found it on Amazon for around $38.00 LINK: Amazon.com: Pelican Storm IM2050-30001 Pelican Storm iM2050 Case with Foam, (Olive Drab): Camera & Photo

Links