Do you use a pistol magazine holster/pouch? If so, which?

This is a discussion on Do you use a pistol magazine holster/pouch? If so, which? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently ordered a double magazine pouch by Blackhawk. I got it in and man is it bulky. Too bulky. It prints heavily when I'm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Do you use a pistol magazine holster/pouch? If so, which?

I recently ordered a double magazine pouch by Blackhawk. I got it in and man is it bulky. Too bulky. It prints heavily when I'm just wearing a normal shirt.

I honestly didn't give much thought to the options available, but the more I look into the options now, the more I want to go with single holders, and possibly ones that go IWB.

What magazine holsters/pouches do you use? Do you have pictures of the item, and/or of you wearing it?

Thanks!

I use an old Gerber Multi-Tool pouch for my double stack, .45 ACP, 10-rounder. I have an old leather open top for my single stack .45. Sorry, no pics; I'm at work.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    "Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness." ~ Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

I use an old multi-tool pouch, also...when I only want to take one extra mag along.
    If I feel the need for two extra mags (for Jax or Orlando), I use a Fobus double mag paddle.

http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/...ches-66-1.html

Easy on/off and comfy.

To the OP: OMO, but I think that you would find IWB mag pouches a bit uncomfortable.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wouldn't bother with IWB, especially if you are already carrying your gun IWB and it is a double stack mag. For double magazine carriers it seems like the kind with loops on the back are too bulky, I have a pancake style double mag carrier from Des Biens leather that worked really well when I was carrying my M&P. Now that I carry a G19, I've been using single carriers from here Pistol Mag Carriers | KYTEX Shooting Gear and they work well. Thin and light, but conceal well and no issues with retention. I'm at work right now but I might be able to toss some pics up in a day or so.
    guitarzNgunz and T_from_Fla like this.

Going to look into the KYTEX. Thanks.

mkh
    I have a Wilson Combat leather dual mag holder that I sometimes carry but belt loop placement softies limits where I can place it on my belt.

Most of the time I carry single mag holders from Blackhawk. That gives me the most versatility as I can carry either one or two depending on where I am going.

I use a magazine holder I purchased from TT Gunleather. I do not have a picture of me wearing it atm but here's one from their web site. Mine's black.

mag holder.jpg

Medium Brown R/H 1.25" belt Medium Brown L/H 1.25" belt Black R/H
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I seldom use a holster/pouch for mags. I know it seems stupid but I have a harder time carrying mags than full size handguns. I usually just carry spare mags in a pocket.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

NMB
    I carry in my left front pocket. Not the most ideal, but its always with me.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    Dale Fricke Horizontal

Photo borrowed from DC Forum Member.

Interested in this as well. I have a Walther PPS 9mm 8 round mag I'd like to carry in addition to the 7 rounder in my pistol.

This Safariland Mag Holder (model 123-18-2) seems pretty good. I'd rather have a horizontal holster, and reading the reviews, it hopefully would fit my single stack 8 round 9mm mag.

I've carried 1911 mags vertical OWB at 9 o'clock while carrying my 1911 IWB at 3 o'clock - no trouble concealing. Now that I'm carrying a Glock the mags are a little harder to conceal. I like horizontal carry. I have a Blade Tech horizontal pouch that I use frequently, as well as a thread-on kydex pouch I got from Custom Carry Concepts. I usually have a mag in my left front pocket as well. With the horizontal pouches, I carry just to the left of my 12:00, opening to my left, rounds down. I try to have the pouch up against the first belt loop so it doesn't slide at all when I go to pull the magazine out.

Austin

Distinguished Member
    I use a Remora single mag holster that I put in my off hand pocket. I'd rather have a Sticky Holster single mag one though as it isn't as bulky and stiff at the bottom end. I had gotten the single mag Remora from them as a bonus since I had ordered a whole bunch of holsters from them (for different pistols for me and my wife and also for my wife's family).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I use a black leather mag holder from The Masters Holsters for the spare mag for my XD-40 (IWB strong side in a MTAC Minotaur). It's got a spring-steel clip on the back to attach to the belt. Works for me, but for years I carried a spare mag in my weakside pocket.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links