Do you use a pistol magazine holster/pouch? If so, which?

This is a discussion on Do you use a pistol magazine holster/pouch? If so, which? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently ordered a double magazine pouch by Blackhawk. I got it in and man is it bulky. Too bulky. It prints heavily when I'm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Do you use a pistol magazine holster/pouch? If so, which?

I recently ordered a double magazine pouch by Blackhawk. I got it in and man is it bulky. Too bulky. It prints heavily when I'm just wearing a normal shirt.

I honestly didn't give much thought to the options available, but the more I look into the options now, the more I want to go with single holders, and possibly ones that go IWB.

What magazine holsters/pouches do you use? Do you have pictures of the item, and/or of you wearing it?

Thanks!

I use an old Gerber Multi-Tool pouch for my double stack, .45 ACP, 10-rounder. I have an old leather open top for my single stack .45. Sorry, no pics; I'm at work.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    "Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness." ~ Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Senior Moderator
    I use an old multi-tool pouch, also...when I only want to take one extra mag along.
    If I feel the need for two extra mags (for Jax or Orlando), I use a Fobus double mag paddle.

http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/...ches-66-1.html

Easy on/off and comfy.

To the OP: OMO, but I think that you would find IWB mag pouches a bit uncomfortable.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I wouldn't bother with IWB, especially if you are already carrying your gun IWB and it is a double stack mag. For double magazine carriers it seems like the kind with loops on the back are too bulky, I have a pancake style double mag carrier from Des Biens leather that worked really well when I was carrying my M&P. Now that I carry a G19, I've been using single carriers from here Pistol Mag Carriers | KYTEX Shooting Gear and they work well. Thin and light, but conceal well and no issues with retention. I'm at work right now but I might be able to toss some pics up in a day or so.
    guitarzNgunz and T_from_Fla like this.

Going to look into the KYTEX. Thanks.

mkh
    I have a Wilson Combat leather dual mag holder that I sometimes carry but belt loop placement softies limits where I can place it on my belt.

Most of the time I carry single mag holders from Blackhawk. That gives me the most versatility as I can carry either one or two depending on where I am going.

I use a magazine holder I purchased from TT Gunleather. I do not have a picture of me wearing it atm but here's one from their web site. Mine's black.

mag holder.jpg

Medium Brown R/H 1.25" belt Medium Brown L/H 1.25" belt Black R/H
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I seldom use a holster/pouch for mags. I know it seems stupid but I have a harder time carrying mags than full size handguns. I usually just carry spare mags in a pocket.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

NMB
    I carry in my left front pocket. Not the most ideal, but its always with me.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    Dale Fricke Horizontal

Photo borrowed from DC Forum Member.

Interested in this as well. I have a Walther PPS 9mm 8 round mag I'd like to carry in addition to the 7 rounder in my pistol.

This Safariland Mag Holder (model 123-18-2) seems pretty good. I'd rather have a horizontal holster, and reading the reviews, it hopefully would fit my single stack 8 round 9mm mag.

I've carried 1911 mags vertical OWB at 9 o'clock while carrying my 1911 IWB at 3 o'clock - no trouble concealing. Now that I'm carrying a Glock the mags are a little harder to conceal. I like horizontal carry. I have a Blade Tech horizontal pouch that I use frequently, as well as a thread-on kydex pouch I got from Custom Carry Concepts. I usually have a mag in my left front pocket as well. With the horizontal pouches, I carry just to the left of my 12:00, opening to my left, rounds down. I try to have the pouch up against the first belt loop so it doesn't slide at all when I go to pull the magazine out.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array accessbob's Avatar
    I use a Remora single mag holster that I put in my off hand pocket. I'd rather have a Sticky Holster single mag one though as it isn't as bulky and stiff at the bottom end. I had gotten the single mag Remora from them as a bonus since I had ordered a whole bunch of holsters from them (for different pistols for me and my wife and also for my wife's family).
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

"Sometimes when you're making gumbo, people just show up.", Leah Chase

I use a black leather mag holder from The Masters Holsters for the spare mag for my XD-40 (IWB strong side in a MTAC Minotaur). It's got a spring-steel clip on the back to attach to the belt. Works for me, but for years I carried a spare mag in my weakside pocket.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

"It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf." -- Thomas Fuller

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links