I have lasers on all my self-defense handguns.
1. I'm on target faster.
2. I'm more accurate.
3. It's better and faster than iron sights in low light and especially in the dark.
4. I can shoot from almost any body position with either hand or both hands very accurately.
5. It's as fast as point shooting, but much more accurate.
6. My head doesn't have to be in line or level with the gun.
7. The laser requires only viewing the target and not the gun.
8. My arm, hand, and gun donít have to be in a position that blocks vision around the target area.
9. I can see peripherally much better.
10. Wearing multi-focal eyeglasses requires acquiring the correct focal portion of the glasses as well as acquiring sight alignment and sight picture (I wear trifocals). Not necessary with the laser.
Also, with some multi-focal eyeglass wearers if the sights are in focus the target isn't or visa-versa.
11. The laser helps with trigger pull and natural pointing during dry fire and hot fire practice.
12. The gun prints less like a gun in pocket carry.
13. The iron sights are still there if you want them.