Just ordered a weapons light/mount combo

This is a discussion on Just ordered a weapons light/mount combo within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ordered the Streamlight Polytac LED HP and the GG&G Slic Thing sling/rail combo and light ring for my Colt 6920 that doesn't have a ...

Thread: Just ordered a weapons light/mount combo

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar

Just ordered a weapons light/mount combo

Just ordered the Streamlight Polytac LED HP and the GG&G Slic Thing sling/rail combo and light ring for my Colt 6920 that doesn't have a rail system. Anyone have experience with either? With not a lot of money to spend this seemed like the best bang for my buck. Secondly, I wanted a durable around-the-house light anyways. I was tempted to go with the Surefire G2, but figured I would give the Streamlight a chance.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The Polytac is nice light, I have three of them. Cheaper than the Surefire, although I have several models of their lights also.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Lead Moderator
    The poly tac hp is a great light, just don't over tighten the mount or it may not work. Other than that I find the hp light really throws a beam out a good distance.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    The poly tac hp is a great light, just don't over tighten the mount or it may not work. Other than that I find the hp light really throws a beam out a good distance.
    Thanks for the kind words! I was a little worried this light wouldn't hold up at all to the recoil of the AR but it seems many folks are using them as a weapons light. Either way it was only 35 bucks!
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Thanks for the kind words! I was a little worried this light wouldn't hold up at all to the recoil of the AR but it seems many folks are using them as a weapons light. Either way it was only 35 bucks!
    I plan on ordering one for my AK build I just finished
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Links