Magazines for AR15

This is a discussion on Magazines for AR15 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It appears that most of the sites on the internet are sold out and I'm sure they won't be having any more soon if ever. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Magazines for AR15

Magazines for AR15

It appears that most of the sites on the internet are sold out and I'm sure they won't be having any more soon if ever. There is one site still selling them but they keep raising the price. 2 days ago a 30 round Magpul was going for $15.99, yesterday for $29.99 and today for $33.99. If they still have any left I wonder what the price will be tomorrow.
    MAGPUL PMAG 30 Round MAG311-BLK In Stock, Best Prices at Surplus Ammo & Arms
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Just one more place to put on the "never do business with" list.
    JDE101 likes this.

Bought the last 2 pmags today at a local family owned sporting goods store. I asked to prepay and order more but the guy behind the counter said their distributor took all AR mags out of their PO system. So basically they wont be getting anymore anytime soon.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Just one more place to put on the "never do business with" list.
    I don't get this sentiment. If you don't like the price, just don't buy it. There's higher demand, which means they command a higher price.
    pscipio03 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    I don't get this sentiment. If you don't like the price, just don't buy it. There's higher demand, which means they command a higher price.
    I see no reason to spend money with an establishment that increases their prices beyond MSRP just for the sake of making as much profit as they can. It is, basically, a display of character, and it's not one that I have any use for.
    Darrow75, Dangerfield and JDE101 like this.

I see no reason to spend money with an establishment that increases their prices beyond MSRP just for the sake of making as much profit as they can. It is, basically, a display of character, and it's not one that I have any use for.
    Absolutely your right as a consumer. But, please keep in mind, these places are businesses, not charities. If they can make money, they will. Hence the whole supply and demand curve. Can you honestly say you wouldn't do the same thing if you owned the place?? If you've thought ahead, you know that this is a revenue stream that is gone-- possibly never to be replaced. So, you have to recoup and prepare for it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Absolutely your right as a consumer. But, please keep in mind, these places are businesses, not charities. If they can make money, they will. Hence the whole supply and demand curve. Can you honestly say you wouldn't do the same thing if you owned the place?? If you've thought ahead, you know that this is a revenue stream that is gone-- possibly never to be replaced. So, you have to recoup and prepare for it.
    There's nothing "charity" about selling products for MSRP. And I can absolutely say that if I owned a store that sold those products, I would not seek to profiteer on the panic buying associated with this tragedy.

I have thought about the fact that some places are going to lose fairly large part of their revenue stream; some places will probably not survive at all, depending on what legislation passes. However, selling a case of P-mags for 3 to 4 times the price isn't going to get them through the tough times, it's just going to pad their pockets for a short time.
    JDE101 likes this.

I don't know about this individual store. They may be jacking up prices. But, I will tell you this. Thanks to overnight shipping, the days of stores keeping massive inventories of merchandise are gone. When you can order it one day and have it there the next, your selling price may only reflect the increase that you got from the distributor or manufacturer that sold it to you. In those situations, it's unfair to put all the blame on the retailer.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

There's a difference between supply and demand and price gouging. I was at a LGS yesterday and 30 round PMAGs were still $17.99. They also had a three mag limit on them. To quote one of the guys behind the counter, "So one guy can't come in and buy us out so that he can sell them to the rest of you on the Internet for $50 a piece."

I don't actually often like LGS's. Most of the ones around where I live treat you like a leper when you walk through the door for whatever reason. But I was in another town about two hours south of me for work so I stopped in there to see their selection. Great shop and great people. I'll make it a point to try and spend a little money there when I'm down that way and probably head down there the next time I decide to make a big purchase. Loyalty to the customer goes a long way.

If you are ever in Pueblo, CO, check out Pueblo West Guns and Ammo. No affiliation to me, just a satisfied customer!
    TX expat likes this.

Re: Magazines for AR15

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    There's a difference between supply and demand and price gouging. I was at a LGS yesterday and 30 round PMAGs were still $17.99. They also had a three mag limit on them. To quote one of the guys behind the counter, "So one guy can't come in and buy us out so that he can sell them to the rest of you on the Internet for $50 a piece."
    Well, exactly, they are selling them for less than they are worth, that's the problem. You guys don't believe in the free market or what?

Price Gouging

Exactly Price Gouging

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Yes you are absolutely correct business is business, and if you do not make a profit you will not be in business very long.

BUT

Selling any of your selected inventory at an abnormally inflated prices, much higher then is normally reasonable, that is PRICE GOUGING!

Just like during an emergence situation like Super Storm Sandy. It is illegal to raise prices during excruciating times. Supply and demand my KEISTER !!!

I've seen all mags over 10r's and some selected firearms go up in price over the past week, more then once! Problem is that most likely the authoritative figures wouldn't do anything about reporting this type of PRICE GOUGING because of what they are selling. It's like something they don't care about....not interested. But Price Gouging Is Illegal and This IS STILL PRICE GOUGING by definition!

Fair pricing is exactly that! AN EXCEPTIONALLY NORMAL FAIR EVERYDAY MARKET PRICE! That's why I don't buy much stuff at some chain stores because, if a Mom & Pop LGS can sell stuff well below what they can, and I know that with the buying power of a large chain store, their wholesale price is well below that of Mom & Pop. Yet their prices is at-least 35% higher. There is something wrong with this picture. If you as an business owner buy something for the sake of explanation $1.00 and need to make a 20% profit to stay in business then yes; your normal price is $1.20.

I go to the LGS down the street and their price is say $1.00. I got to Bass and the same thing is $1.35. And I go to WW and their price is $.80? Well I understand that because of the purchase power of the LGS having to go through a dealer and not direct their paying through a middle man so it cost them a little bit more. Now I'm sure that corporate Bass like WW has the purchase power to deal direct. But their prices are drastically different!

Case in point. One larger LGS's price on an object fluctuates, because sometimes they get it direct from the dealer but if it becomes back-ordered. To accommodate you, they get it from a dealer, and are upfront about it.

They ask: "Do you want to wait till I get it in from the manufacturer and pay $1.00, or I can have it here 3-days from Dealer XXX and it will be $1.28, because I'm getting it second-hand through a dealer?" He is right up front about it. He's the dude that hasn't raised his prices ON ANYTHING on the current panicky-buy list.

But Bass's prices are steadily higher and don't fluctuate on anything so that second hand dealer doesn't apply. Just as WW's prices don't fluctuate on anything as well and they are the best around. Isn't that why we buy ammo at WW?

Now excruciating times heighten demand and you double, triple, or fourple your price from $1.20 to $4.80 because you KNOW desperate people WILL pay. That to me is malicious business practices! PRICE GOUGING!

Problem is it appears almost of, BUT NO ALL, of the sellers of this stuff are doing it! Boo On You!!

I went to the One larger LGS above and he was selling everything at his normal price. He was sold out of a couple things I wanted so I went to another place I also shop at on a regular bases. He had it but it was 3x the price of what I know his normal price is. I said: "Billie, $45. buck for this? It's normally only $12.98? I shop here all the time, you've known me for years and I've been shopping here exclusively for over 7-yrs?"

His answer: "Well....sorry Zam! If you don't want it then don't get it. Because I know someone will! Sorry I can't do anything on that for you right now!" Definition: Price Gouging

If I had a LGS and what/ever my normal pricing was, on any of my inventory of the things that are getting panic bought right now, I WOULD NOT PRICE GOUGE! Why? Because like some have stated: "I'm not shopping there anymore!"

But then maybe if you read between the lines, this is just a prime example of where our humanity is headed?

Don't ask how I can help you out or what can I do for you, ONLY ask what you can do for me!

Youngbloods Quote: "Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together and try to love one another right now........"
    Darrow75 and JDE101 like this.

Well, exactly, they are selling them for less than they are worth, that's the problem. You guys don't believe in the free market or what?
    No. At that price they are making their profit and not sticking it to the customer just because they can.

Just got off the fone with some hunting buds, planing our upcoming trip in a few days. The mag capacity issue came-up.

We have some high capacity restrictions in some of our zones between certain dates, but, we can still use high capacities in some other zones at anytime. I know. Don't bee makin any sense?

Some States already have "State Wide Restrictions". Some of them do not.

But, if the Feds put a limit on mag capacity and now you went out and stocked up on all these mags. What are you going to be able to do with them? Could they Grandfather them in and you may be able to use them? But now say your State follows suit, then what? And what good will they do to re-sell them even if you can if they are illegal to use?

So now what, you just wasted several hundred dollars in panic purchases?

VIP Member
    Um no, apparently it's you that doesn't believe in the free market. I never said they couldn't profiteer; I simply said that they would never receive another dollar from me because they choose to do it, and your the one questioning that decision.

Actions have consequences. If they choose to display that sort of business mentality, then so be it, but I have a long memory and I remember who preyed upon the situation and who maintained the higher road.
    Darrow75 likes this.

Re: Magazines for AR15

Um no, apparently it's you that doesn't believe in the free market. I never said they couldn't profiteer; I simply said that they would never receive another dollar from me because they choose to do it, and your the one questioning that decision.
    Sure I do, I thought the Sandy situation was a little odd too. When there's less of something and/or high demand that thing becomes more valuable. If you keep prices artificially low then either you quickly sell out to whomever gets there first, or you have to artificially ration. If you adjust prices then only the people that really value the product at its current value will buy it, and will buy less of it, and it will naturally be rationed.

I'm not questioning your right to make that decision, I just don't understand your reasoning, but I guess it's just a difference of opinion.

EDIT: I believe price gouging laws only apply to emergent, life-in-danger situations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links