Does anyone tailor/modify their clothing for CC?

This is a discussion on Does anyone tailor/modify their clothing for CC? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have thought about sewing a mag pouch inside of my North Face jacket. Has anyone else considered modifying or tailoring their clothing to accommodate ...

Thread: Does anyone tailor/modify their clothing for CC?

Does anyone tailor/modify their clothing for CC?

I have thought about sewing a mag pouch inside of my North Face jacket. Has anyone else considered modifying or tailoring their clothing to accommodate CC?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I move the belt loops of my trousers to put the iwb holsters exactly where I want them.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    My moms uncle worked for the feds from the 40s through the early 60s. He would have his suit pants altered to have a leather pocket added to conceal his pistol. He also had his shirts cut to allow a shoulder holster worn under to attach to his belt. DR

I wear mostly jeans now, and they don't need adjustment. I just buy my shirts a little bigger...covers everything...no problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Haven't modified anything yet, but have changed the way I dress. After a while folks quit noticing.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Generally I just wear a size XL instead of L.

I have had some things changed though - my wife does it for me. For instance - she has shortened a few "cover" shirts, changed some belt loops. I think that's all. I've thought about adding a big square of 500 denier Cordura to the inside of some shirts to prevent/mitigate printing. Just thoughts at this point. The guys I know that carry in suits have Cordura on the inside to prevent printing, but also to prevent wear on the suit itself.

Austin

Links