CT Lasergrip for Glock M27 (Range Report)

CT Lasergrip for Glock M27 (Range Report)

This is a discussion on CT Lasergrip for Glock M27 (Range Report) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my newly mounted Lasergrip module to the range to get it zeroed. It's supposed to come from the factory zeroed for 50 feet. It ...

Thread: CT Lasergrip for Glock M27 (Range Report)

Exclamation CT Lasergrip for Glock M27 (Range Report)

Took my newly mounted Lasergrip module to the range to get it zeroed. It's supposed to come from the factory zeroed for 50 feet. It was well aligned but with my sights on the "X" COM, the dot was on the forehead of the silouhette target. Using my sights alone I squeezed off a shot that neatly drilled the "X" at a closer 30 feet. That's where I wanted my zero.

As I said my alignment was already pretty good. I used the supplied allen wrenches (teeeeeny tiny!) to fiddle with the elevation. Got the dot to where it sits right over the front sight at 30 feet. That means that at any distance between contact and 30 feet, wherever the dot rests will approximate the point of impact.

Minor variations will occur with different bullet weights. I experimented with all my standard carry ammo. I found the variations to be miniscule in nature. All groups formed nice and tight. Since I was at an indoor range and there were many shooters on the line, I did notice an effect of the gunsmoke. Yep...a nice bright RED line straight to the target. Therefore straight back to me.

However, I think that for the person being aimed at the ability to define the origin of the line of fire would be problematic at best. An accomplice off to the side would be in a better position however. The one thing I don't particularly like about the Glock variation on the CT Lasergrip is the fact that a proper grip requires use of the laser. So if you have a firing grip, the laser is always activated.

Still, I like it, but I won't use it as a substitute for my tritium sights. I plan on putting a set on my Beretta M92FS, as well. That's a more conventional activation button and there is a choice about turning on the beam or not in a firing position. I may very well start carrying the M92FS on a regular basis, especially as it cools down outside.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Congrats ! C/T laser's are great. Go to their website and visit the forums. Also....it wouldn't hurt to call Jeff at 1-800-442-2406 and ask if its possible that you could get on their batteries for life program. If so...you won't have to buy any batteries for the laser.... Its a great program.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    Also....it wouldn't hurt to call Jeff at 1-800-442-2406 and ask if its possible that you could get on their batteries for life program. If so...you won't have to buy any batteries for the laser.... Its a great program.
    Hey thanks, that's a GREAT idea. I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks also for giving me the number and name of the person to contact.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lead Moderator
    I think the laser would give off a red flare signature in low light at the source. However in some situations , it probably will not matter.
    I would like a laser, but CT's would require a diffrent safety(I will not do) and lasermax does not make a 4" 1911 laser .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator

Thumbs up Perfect!

"As I said my alignment was already pretty good.
    I used the supplied allen wrenches (teeeeeny tiny!) to fiddle with the elevation.
    Got the dot to where it sits right over the front sight at 30 feet. That means that at any distance between contact and 30 feet, wherever the dot rests will approximate the point of impact."

Good positioning of the dot.

I don't think the gun smoke issue tracing back to you will be a problem in any actual use scenario.

Glad that it's obviously working out for you.

Personally I LIKE Laser Sights. I wish that I had them as an option on all of my carry pistols. My wallet is not that thick these days though.

Maybe I'll spring for one for my SIG.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    The one thing I don't particularly like about the Glock variation on the CT Lasergrip is the fact that a proper grip requires use of the laser. So if you have a firing grip, the laser is always activated.
    You are probably referring to the right-hand grip. If that's correct, what would be the effect on a left-hand grip? Or maybe the CT comes in right- and left-hand versions...

Assistant Administrator
    QK - do try and get one for the SIG - I have found the grip feel even better with those. Most so on my double stackers, 228 and 226 but - even on the 220 - feels nice.

Anubis - on the SIG ones anyways - there is a pressure pad for tip of middle finger both sides - so that would be good for ambi. I haven't tried any Glock ones yet.

Only crit' I might have with my SIG grips, and it's same on all three I have them on - if a hand small and/or fingers short, then there might be failure of laser operation.

No issue for me as by finger reaches round automatically with my hold, so if master switch on - we are good to go
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links