Streamlight Protac HL.....WOW!

This is a discussion on Streamlight Protac HL.....WOW! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought the new Streamlight Protac HL. This is an incredible tactical light. With an output of 600 lumens (that's 600, not 60), it ...

Thread: Streamlight Protac HL.....WOW!

Streamlight Protac HL.....WOW!

I just bought the new Streamlight Protac HL. This is an incredible tactical light. With an output of 600 lumens (that's 600, not 60), it rivals most lights five times it's size. It has the "Tap 10" programming, so you can customize functions (High, low, strobe output). Operates on 2 of the CR123 lithium cells used by most other similar lights and had the latest generation C4 LED module; also waterproof according to packaging. Only drawback is a battery life of 1.5 hrs, undoubtedly due to its incredible light output. Highly recommended to all LEO's or other first responders. Makes an incredible tactical flashlight for most anyone, for that matter. Seriously the brightest tactical light I've seen.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

NRA Patron Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I have an HL-2 myself and carry it often. When I am not carrying it, the light resides next to my handgun in my bedside holster setup.

The only con I have encountered to this product (the HL-2) is the power button. It is set a bit too deeply into the aluminum housing, making it very difficult to turn on and off with a one handed grip while holding a gun and using the bottom part of my thumb (meaty bit) to use the momentary switch. I don't have real big, meaty hands, but having used a Surefire light before, they were far easier to do this with.

Otherwise, I am completely in love with that HL2.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links