What to do when everyone else is out overpaying for guns & ammo

This is a discussion on What to do when everyone else is out overpaying for guns & ammo within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I figured now is a good time to start upgrading the guns that I have. At the moment, I'm looking at grips: First is my ...

Thread: What to do when everyone else is out overpaying for guns & ammo

VIP Member

What to do when everyone else is out overpaying for guns & ammo

I figured now is a good time to start upgrading the guns that I have. At the moment, I'm looking at grips:

First is my old 637. The sticky stock rubber grip tended to snag my cover shirt. At first I looked at wood grips, but was concerned over the abuse it takes as a daily-carry. I ended up going with VZ grips 'G10' simulated wood. They should last forever. We'll see.

Next is an early-vintage 1911 that's been passed down through the family that I first introduced here: An old war horse . Since then, I've had a real gunsmith go through it, fit a new barrel and give it his blessing. Since it's already been previously butchered, I decided that instead of trying to maintain authenticity, to go for what aesthetically appealed to me; a set of diamond walnut grips and stainless hex screws instead of the old flat-heads. It's now a shooter, once again (it has the best trigger of any handgun that I own).

Now, I'll be headed back to the gun safe to select my next volunteer...
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I wanted to put grip tape sections on my Pmags. Like everything else mag related, the pre cut sheets from Magpul are all gone. So I made my own pattern and bought a 60 foot roll of 1" 3M medium nonslip tape (the rubber version) fro 27 bucks. Off t work with scissors and a razor knife. I got two done so far, a little tedious but a lot cheaper than Magpul. My wife joked that she didn't know that guns and arts and crafts went together, LOL
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I wanted to put grip tape sections on my Pmags. Like everything else mag related, the pre cut sheets from Magpul are all gone. So I made my own pattern and bought a 60 foot roll of 1" 3M medium nonslip tape (the rubber version) fro 27 bucks. Off t work with scissors and a razor knife. I got two done so far, a little tedious but a lot cheaper than Magpul. My wife joked that she didn't know that guns and arts and crafts went together, LOL
    That's normally more my style. The folks here have shamed me into actually spending money.

Links