Maxpedition... Any other fans??? - Page 2

Maxpedition... Any other fans???

This is a discussion on Maxpedition... Any other fans??? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are there any chain retailers that carry Maxpedition products (Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander, etc.)??? I can watch YouTube reviews until the cows come home but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Maxpedition... Any other fans???

Are there any chain retailers that carry Maxpedition products (Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander, etc.)???

I can watch YouTube reviews until the cows come home but it's not the same as being able to hold it in my hands...

Not that anyone around here does, but I do get out of my neck of the woods on occasion.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    What's really bad is the fact that I'm liking my Maxpedition stuff so much that I wondered what could be better???

Answer: Eberlestock

Now that is interesting.
    kerberos likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Now that is interesting.
    Yeah...

So is the price tag!!!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

OD*
    I did notice that, unfortunately.
    kerberos likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Used one (early model Fatboy) for months after my low back surgery. Couldn't put anything on my waist for quite some time. The early models didn't have a dedicated 'holster' pocket w velcro, so I adapted.
    Took a Serpa set up at 0cant paddle, and hooked it onto the cargo net partition of the main pocket. Loved it, but it was in OD green, and has since been relegated to ak mag duty in my ak bag.

The possibility of a second back surgery is becoming stronger now that the MRI is back. This time, I'm gonna get the charcoal and pink bag, and hide in plain sight. Just like my pink ak bag, folks just look and giggle.

dan
    kerberos likes this.

I've got the Jumbo Versipak which is my range bag. Used it at Front Sight and the ranges around home, great bag. As for Eberlestock, they are pricy and really really great stuff the GunSlinger II carries more stuff than the drag bags but I now have two of them (drag bags). They make all other bags pale by comparison.
    kerberos likes this.

CJM
    What in the world do you guys carry around everyday that requires a backpack? I expect women to carry purses for all their junk, but dudes?
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Well CJM,
    some of us 'dudes' have a backpack stoked with emergency gear that stays in our vehicles. That way, no matter where we are, we have appropriate tools for most any emergency: being in or assisting after a vehicle accident, hunting or shooting mishap, medical emergency when we are trying to buy ourselves or someone else time till a professional first responder can take over, etc. I don't carry this pack around, but it does stay in my vehicle, close by.
    Others use the man bag, man purse, sling bag, whatever you wish to call it to transport stuff around. As I mentioned, I had a lowback surgery in 07. Right at the belt line. I couldn't take much more on my waist than sweats. Most certainly couldn't wear a belt and gun, mag, light etc. So, I used a manpurse in order to continue to be armed to the best of my ability, as well as keep meds, money, food bar, etc with me at all times.

dan
    surefire7 and kerberos like this.

I only own the EDC and I really like it. I was thinking about getting the Fatboy since I am a dad of a 2 year old girl and walking around with a diaper bag isn't manly. :)
    surefire7 and kerberos like this.

I’ve got a couple of their bags and they’re very good especially for the price. I have a Condor 2 that I use for an EDC bag, work bag, also recently used it for a deployment to Afghanistan. I’ve owned it for about 3 years, use the chit out of it Scouting, day hikes etc. and it still looks new, which is not what I could say for the Filson it replaced. I’ve also got a “Sabercat” that I keep in my truck as a GHB.
    My main ruck is a Camelbak BFM and I’ve got a Maxpedition “Combat Admin Pouch”on it.

For Grimlocks and other plastic hardware look here:

Supply Captain: Fastex Plastic Hardware

Set of 5 for $8.95 before shipping. I also use their “Web Dominators” and their Annex Clips to attaché Molle.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

I've gotten a bunch of MaxPed gear. Falcon II and Pygmy Falcon backpacks (one in black, the other in tan/foliage), 2 wallets, 3 Fatboys (colors, colors...) and numerous organizer pouches. Love the organization possibilities and toughness. My husband had his optics in a Fatboy Versipack while we were in South Africa; the pouch flew off the truck going down the highway at about 70mph and nothing was damaged-even the pouch had only a minor fray! I use the PF backpack as a work pack/laptop carrier. Fatboy pouches are my "purse". Not too tactical looking here in CO!
    kerberos likes this.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

I have the awkwardly shaped triangular Gearslinger. I should've gotten the SITKA instead, I think.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Distinguished Member
    Gosh, I am behind the times. I thought this was about a feminine protection product.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    What in the world do you guys carry around everyday that requires a backpack? I expect women to carry purses for all their junk, but dudes?
    Oh. For sure many of the younger generation do "every day carry" stuff in a backpack.

I do not.

I have a Grab & Go Bug Out Bag always set up and stoked with pretty much everything we need contained in it in case the Mrs. & me ever need to evacuate in any sort of emergency type scenario. It stays at home "at the ready" or it goes into the vehicle for road trips.

My B.O.B. is stoked to the gills and is quite heavy so there is no way that I would ever hump it wherever I went.
    kerberos likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    I have a very long daily commute. I carry all kinds of stuff, including rain gear, lunch bag, sunglasses, gloves, and lots of other stuff I can't live without
    kerberos likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links