Maxpedition... Any other fans???

This is a discussion on Maxpedition... Any other fans??? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CJM What in the world do you guys carry around everyday that requires a backpack? I expect women to carry purses for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Maxpedition... Any other fans???

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    What in the world do you guys carry around everyday that requires a backpack? I expect women to carry purses for all their junk, but dudes?
    Nice backhanded compliment...

I'll take it as one anyway.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I see all of these kids of various ages walking to and from school in my area. Every one of them is wearing a backpack.
    Many of them just keep their packs with them even on non school days. Hopefully they jettison the heavy books out of them.
    They are going to be the MAXPEDITION buyers of the future.
    kerberos likes this.

I have about a dozen or so Maxpedition stuff.

I really like their 10" x 4" Bottle holders. They are insulated and also has an external zippered utility pouch I keep an Esbit folding stove and my Guyot Designs Microbites plastic utencils, Java Juice coffee packets, gum, tea, etc in the utility pocket.

My wife has a Fatboy Versipak she uses as one of her purses. I have a Malaga Gearslinger as an EDC car bag, and a Falcon II backpack as a BOB.

Being a gear junkie, Maxpedition is far from my only gear supplier, but the stuff I have, I've had excellent results with. Very durable, stain resistant, and pretty water resistant as well. The sewing and construction are top notch.
    QKShooter, kerberos and surefire7 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I have a pygmy falcon II back pack which is my EDC bag, really like being able to carry two water bottles to work everyday. I FR-1 pouch with a 3X5 pouch attached I use as a first aide kit, keep it in my truck. I bought a small TacTile pocket with and attached a horizontal shot shell panel using a tactical tailor adapter I found and a shoulder strap, all together it holds about 20 to 25 rounds of ammo for my shotgun, this is in addition to what is stored on the but stock. I've been thinking about getting another backpack so I can put a BOB back together.
    QKShooter, kerberos and surefire7 like this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

I've got the Maxpedition Condor II pack. Built well like everyone says. It'll last a long time.
    QKShooter and kerberos like this.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    What in the world do you guys carry around everyday that requires a backpack? I expect women to carry purses for all their junk, but dudes?
    My backpack is not for everyday use. I'm in I.T. so when I travel I'll load it with my laptop, power cord, various cables, small tools, flashlight, paper work, phone charger and misc personal affects. It's much nicer to go through the airport with hands free and not be carrying/dragging a bag. I'm in my late 40's and may look funny with a backpack but I prefer function over fashion.
    kerberos and surefire7 like this.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

VIP Member
    I have a couple of MaxPed bags and I've really tried to love them, but I just haven't been able to. I can easily see how folks can like them, given how well made and well thought out they are; they just weren't for me.

I've ended up with a couple of regular old backpacks that do most of my stuff carrying.
    kerberos likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Re: Maxpedition... Any other fans???

I just ordered one of their wallets after wearing out my third leather wallet in as many years. Ordered one of the edc pocket organizers along with it to organize some of the multitools etc that I keep in my car.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by romac View Post
    I just ordered one of their wallets after wearing out my third leather wallet in as many years. Ordered one of the edc pocket organizers along with it to organize some of the multitools etc that I keep in my car.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Now their wallet I really love! I have a Spartan and it's been great, although the velcro does make me feel a bit like junior highish. It'll hold more than George Costanza's Wallet (you Seinfeld fans will get it) and it keeps everything secure so stuff never falls out on you. I highly doubt you'll be able to wear it out in a year.
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I do not use the inside velcro "card retention" strips & I have never had any of my C.Cards fall out. I tuck them out of the way. I guess if I went whitewater rafting I would use them.
    Yeah. When you open your wallet in a checkout line it sounds like somebody squatted down and ripped their pants wide open.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I do not use the inside velcro "card retention" strips & I have never had any of my C.Cards fall out. I tuck them out of the way. I guess if I went whitewater rafting I would use them.
    Yeah. When you open your wallet in a checkout line it sounds like somebody squatted down and ripped their pants wide open.
    After a regular old bifold wallet fell out of my back pocket while I was on my motorcycle one day, I learned that too much retention is not possible! I spent several harrowing minutes dodging traffic while picking up all my credit cards and wallet stuff.
    QKShooter and kerberos like this.
    NRA Life Member

My wife and I used Jumbo Vesipacks when the twins were in diapers. Mine is tan, hers black. I put extra pouches and a dump pouch on them. Now that we don't need diapers anymore we use them in the cars and for trips mostly. A mix of kid bag and BOB. I also have a couple of their backpacks I bought on some forum or another that I keep loaded for work. I load it with stuff I may need in a hurry if I deploy out of my area. I've gone on a couple disaster relief or brush fire assignments so I know what items are esential to have.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I'm debating on getting one of the Fatboy versions. I'm afraid it will be too big. One of the reasons I'm thinking of getting one of these is example. Yesterday took the family to the zoo and I had to bend down a lot, pick up kids, fold up strollers, etc etc. and with the wind, my shirt kept coming up and I'm pretty sure a lot of views of my piece were made. For walking around the zoo, one of these packs would have been perfect.
    kerberos likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

FWIW...

I was recently looking for some more pouches to strap to my Kodiak and notice that their ACU (digital camo) is no longer available...

If you are looking for anything in this pattern, may want to check out Amazon and get it while you can.

I can only assume that they are going to upgrade to the Marpat or Muticam...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links