Military Folks - Quick Question

This is a discussion on Military Folks - Quick Question within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gn[QUOTE=TX expat;2568215]You mean those high capacity forks? Those are BANNED.[/QUOTE In NY, we are limited to using a three tigned fork under the ''new law''. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Military Folks - Quick Question

Gn[QUOTE=TX expat;2568215]You mean those high capacity forks? Those are BANNED.[/QUOTE

In NY, we are limited to using a three tigned fork under the ''new law''. Those with four must be registered and you must show ''just cause'' to own one.
    TX expat likes this.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A bivy-cover and poncho liner or two was my usual sleeping system for any situation. If I had the sleeping bag it was because someone higher up in the chain of command insisted that we take the thing. It may not have been ideal, but it was light and compact.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Lead Moderator
    Not mil , but my goretex bivy cover works well enough. I have slept in - degree weather in a snow bank without getting wet. You do have to have a vent or opening or I would get frost on the inside. Also the sealed in feeling would start pretty quick. I never launder mine and it has worked well over the years in rain and snow.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

If it was raining I always ended up cold and wet by about 2 in the morning no matter the rain gear or bivy. Would then spend the rest of the night shivering and praying for the sun to come up so the Big Orange Ball could make everything alright again lol.
    QKShooter likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links