Flashlights?

This is a discussion on Flashlights? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If your like me i like to see where I am going. I have always had a decent flashlight but with the price of the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Flashlights?

Flashlights?

If your like me i like to see where I am going. I have always had a decent flashlight but with the price of the surefires an Fenix I started looking around. There is a website called alibaba they have all the far east vendors on line. If you type in the search 800 lumes or 1000 lumes you will see all kinds of flashlights with cree leds which are the best as far as I know. But you have to look, alot of them want you to buy 500 of them but just keep scrolling an you will find Romison which is all aircraft aluminium for 40 to 50 bucks I have several an are they bright they come with batteries an a charger have had for a couple of years still work great

2. Remove Ads

I dont know about that website being too safe...
    Anyways I have a couple l.e.d.s
    a $8 pack of 2 my fiance got from sears and a awesome led lazer I got from lowes..Works great..

If I got a flashlight though I'd get

The Torch

I can attest to the quality and brightness of the Fenix Tk35 u-2^^^^^^^^^^^^ GREAT FOR LIGHTING AN AREA UP. Can't rate lumens, myself ....... claim is 860 ; I'd say close to that, for 90 Bucks (and small & light weight) includes a holster.
    NRA member..... S&W mod. 58; Colt Gold Cup 1911 ( brite blued); 8 in Colt Python (nickle) ;/ SCAR 17s ( black); My ride... Jeep Grand Overland
    ..41 Magnum.........'cause shooting twice is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    There is a website called alibaba they have all the far east vendors on line.

But you have to look, alot of them want you to buy 500 of them ...
    If you mean Alibaba.com, then that makes sense. They're an import-export trading website designed to get the word out on "trading opportunities" to the larger world. Basically, this means showcasing (typically) Chinese products to the world.

Shopping.com presumes you're searching for a product, not a business relationship.

You just need to find the right spot to look.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've ordered from all thes sites, and they are good. Lots of very cool lights at ridiculously low prices.
    Of course a couple of them are in China and it takes three weeks to be shipped from China, but worth it.

DealExtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide (China)

http://www.kaidomain.com/ (China)

BatteryJunction.com Batteries, Battery Chargers, Flashlights, Solar Products & more! (U.S)

LED Flashlights (U.S)
    Phaedrus likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Check out Streamlight.

I carry the ProTac 1L everyday and it is great, not to mention they are reasonably priced for a high quality light.

ProTac® Series | Streamlight
    Cheesewiz likes this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

https://www.foursevens.com/ High quality, fast & free shipping.
    surefire7 and rigel42 like this.

...Mag sells one through Home Dippy that's $29.95...uses 3 AAA batts, has a hi/low/strobe endcap...is alum like other Mags...and will blind you at night...small enough for a pocket and has a belt holster with it, if I remember rightly...bought several for sons and gifts...gave mine to a waitress when I got a Coast that puts out more light...but it costs more...also at Home Dippy...if you can't see at night...how can you shoot? Don't leave home without a good light...I'm DOGmatic about it!!!

Cool

You spend a little more but you get much more in quality and reliability.

If you need a flashlight in a self defense situation you want to be sure just as with your firearm you have a piece of gear that is going to do the job in extreme situations.

My $.02.

P19174232.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...HLIGHT-E2D-BK-

Regards,

FlaRon
    gdvan01 likes this.
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

...for those who use the lights that require the 123 Lithium batteries...cheapest I've found them is online from Surefire...12 for around $24+shipping...been through a couple dozen of them...good quality batteries...buy 'em local and it almost takes a second mortgage to buy two...
    FlaRon likes this.

I just use small basic LED flashlights. Although I would love one of those giant metal magnums. I just have this standard of them based on one my grandfather had, and haven't been able to find one like it.

I have a Coleman Max 180 lumens CREE flashlight. I had it about three years now and it works perfect. Very nice throw too. I use it when I take my nephews trick or treating that way I can stand back on the sidewalk and use my light to follow them up the driveway. I had all the other parents staring at my as a flashlight that fits in my hand lit up the driveway of peoples houses.

I keep a Fenix E05 on my keys. I just love that little flashlight.

Hi, I'm a recovering flashlight-a-holic. I bet I've owned just about every tactical and hunting flashlight out there over the years, from Mag Lights, Streamlights, Pelican, and Surefire. I've gone the rechargeable route and the battery route. I've discounted rechargeables all together, as they always let me down when I need them most. Still have a few, but leave them at the house, so if one dies I can grab another till it dies. LOL

I've settled on the Surefire as the best I've ever owned, and I'm not looking any longer. The plastic model (don't recall the model #) is about 30 bucks around here, and with a changeout to LED bulb, it's as bright and powerful as anything on the market. I've got three or four of these, and then a Z2 Combat Light, and a HUGE M4 Devastator. I've even got a Surefire combat light mounted on my M4, with the tango down forward vertical grip.

I've got a pretty good stash of batteries, but will buy next from Surefire. Couple dozen in reserve is my comfort zone.

Be safe.
    Cheesewiz likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links