Hanks Amish Belts ... WOW!

This is a discussion on Hanks Amish Belts ... WOW! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I finally got a couple Hank's Amish belts (received yesterday) and had to post about how impressed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hanks Amish Belts ... WOW!

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I finally got a couple Hank's Amish belts (received yesterday) and had to post about how impressed I am. For $30 a pop I can't imagine a better carry belt. Easily as nice as other belts I've seen in the $100 range. Obviously I don't know how they'll wear yet, but my first impression is extremely positive.

Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping

Edit: Also an important FYI: Definitely follow their sizing guide! I don't carry IWB very often anymore so I only got mine 1 size larger, and I could have easily gone two.
    Last edited by FreeFalling; January 25th, 2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: More Info
    DC and Jackster like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I've had one for well over a year and it's held up fine. I suppose one can pay a lot more for a belt that's a little better.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

This will be my next belt purchase for CCW use... i have a good one now from barsony.. theyre an iffy company to deal with, but the belt is good. However for the same price as that, I'd get a Hanks Amish Belt next time.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Wouldn't you know it. I wear a 1-3/4" belt. It really is the best compromise. Widest belt that will go through the loops of ALMOST every pair of pants, jeans, slacks I own or buy. 2" would not work except for special purchases and 1-1/2 is just too narrow especially for us big guys carrying full size 1911's.
    aus71383 and dV8r like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I'd rather have two layers glued and stitched. They look nice, and pricing is certainly attractive.

Austin

Price is rather attractive. I could use a good 1.5" black carry belt. Thanks for the share...
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Those crafty Amish..........
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    And each one comes with a jar of honey and a gift certificate for a free barn-raising.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

OldVet, is the belt stiff enough to support a holster well with not being two layers and does it stay stiff? For the price I'm interested to get myself a leather belt to go along with my wilderness instructor belt

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I'll wait until they offer a free Amish fireplace with the purchase of 2 belts....I'm always looking for a deal...............................
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And each one comes with a jar of honey and a gift certificate for a free barn-raising.
    That's right! We're putting ours up this weekend. Haven't told the Homeowner's Association yet, but I'm sure they won't mind ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Wouldn't you know it. I wear a 1-3/4" belt. It really is the best compromise. Widest belt that will go through the loops of ALMOST every pair of pants, jeans, slacks I own or buy. 2" would not work except for special purchases and 1-1/2 is just too narrow especially for us big guys carrying full size 1911's.
    Yeah, I was tempted to get the 2" but measured my belt loops before placing my order and got the 1.5. Haven't tried my 1911 yet, but it works great with a Glock 22 and a spare mag. Lost a lot of weight last year and my waist is down to about 34 now so I needed new belts (and new everything else for that matter). The 1.5 inch belt is perfect at my current size.
    Last edited by FreeFalling; January 25th, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

VIP Member
    Very interesting!

May have to look into these.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Took a chance and just ordered one in black and one in brown. Thanks for the heads up and I hope these belts are as good as they look and sound.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

Amish Belts

Just what I`ve been looking for...a good CCW belt at a reasonable price,my order is IN. Thanks!!!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links