fat boy belts?

fat boy belts?

This is a discussion on fat boy belts? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i was wonderinerg anyone here use a belt made by two fools leather called a fat boy belt? i was wondering what you think of ...

Thread: fat boy belts?

fat boy belts?

i was wonderinerg anyone here use a belt made by two fools leather called a fat boy belt?
    i was wondering what you think of them if anyone wears one? thanks

I don't use them. I just wanted to say something about belts. I'm not 100 percent sure what the deal is with people wanting gun belts. I've got a plain very basic belt from Walmart and I've got no issue carrying around a full size hg all day. Now with that said I don't clip anything directly to the belt. I clip the holster and whatever knife I pick to my pants and use the belt to cover the clips. I just wanted to throw that out there so maybe someone saves themselves a bunch of money from getting one of those overpriced (IMO) gun belts.

Good luck twebb

Sorry, I have no experience with the Fat Boy belts either. I do think a good stiff belt matters quite a bit for those who carry OWB, especially in high-riding holsters. The stiffness of the belt keeps the top of the holster from bending outward and helps keep the grip of the gun closer to the body. I don't think the type of belt matters nearly as much for IWB carry, but if you have a grip-heavy gun riding fairly high with not much muzzle under the belt line it could. I also think wider belts help keep the pants up better. I use a Beltman leather or Wilderness instructor belt mostly but my single-ply, 1.5" wide Amish leather belt from Hank's Clothing works just as well in most situations for me. I don't carry OWB.

I should have mentioned I iwb only.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    I don't use them. I just wanted to say something about belts. I'm not 100 percent sure what the deal is with people wanting gun belts. I've got a plain very basic belt from Walmart and I've got no issue carrying around a full size hg all day. Now with that said I don't clip anything directly to the belt. I clip the holster and whatever knife I pick to my pants and use the belt to cover the clips. I just wanted to throw that out there so maybe someone saves themselves a bunch of money from getting one of those overpriced (IMO) gun belts.

Good luck twebb
    Experience is one of life's great teachers...stop back by after a a few months of carrying...I'm just sayin'...

To the OP...
    No experience with 'Fat Boy Belts', but I'm sure that someone looking might think it's what I wear.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have 2 of them, brown and black, and I know Curt. He makes a fantastic belt. It's single layer. Very stiff vertically, all my holsters carry better with it. But it wears very well. The buckle takes some getting used too. And the hole you end up using takes a couple days to get broke in well. After that it's smooth sailing. I also know he sells a lot of them on a local board and I hear no complaints. Just rave reviews. IMO, it's well worth it and you won't be disappointed.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Sponsored Links