Survival bracelets, do you have one?

This is a discussion on Survival bracelets, do you have one? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got to admit that I hard a hard time buying into the hype of it all. Although as a person that likes to be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Survival bracelets, do you have one?

Survival bracelets, do you have one?

I got to admit that I hard a hard time buying into the hype of it all. Although as a person that likes to be prepared for anything I'm surprised I never bought one. I had some free time and I just had a feeling that there had to be more then JUST a couple feet of 550 cord out there. So I started to look around and did I ever find something useful.

HeroStraps | Survival Straps | Survival Bracelets I came upon herostraps. Not only do they come with the standard footage of 550 cord, but a quick easy way to start a fire, two ways to increase your chance of catching food, and bandage, repairing tape, and some kind of a razor blade. This version of a survival strap won me over and I had to get one. I mean sure I have all this stuff in the trunk of my car and at least 1 lighter on my person (although I don't smoke) and multiple knives and what have you. But it is all compacted into this little bracelet and just seems like a must have to me.

Well I figured I would pass this along to you all, as a lot of you have the same mind set as myself as far as this is concerned and hopefully one of you might be better prepared one day as a result of having one. Also they donate part of the sale to wounded warrior project and I believe I read somewhere on there that if you actually do find yourself in a survival situation and you have to use the hero strap. You can write them with your survival story and send in whatever you have left of you're hero strap and they will replace it for you free of charge.

Can't wait for it to come in and hopefully never need it lol.

2. Remove Ads

I guess you'd have to remember to take it off whenever you go through any kind of security.

Their site is not mobile/iphone/safari friendly.

I mostly see teenage boys and a few mall ninjas wearing these type items, can't say as I feel inclined to wear one. Make that thing into a 14" dog collar though, with a flip ring (hunting style) and I'd buy it for my pooch. She doesn't have to worry about fashion or metal detectors, and she'd be with me if the poop went down.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

lol what is a mall ninja. I don't know seems like something very useful to a hunter no that you mention it.

You must be new. I haven't met any hardcore mall nijas here in podunk, but the guy with the tactical man-purse looked the part. He was actually quite polite, and piqued my curiosity more than anything, unlike a true mall ninja.
    Basically, they buy anything labled as "tactical" and wear it all at once, with a whole bunch of talk and attitude but no real experience.
    This is probably something you should google, for examples.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

oh, I'm more familiar with the term gear queer. Same thing I suppose. I'll have to work mall ninja into my terminology. Thanks for the information.

edit: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/ This is the funniest thing I have ever read. I love the part about having special shoes to climb walls.

Lead Moderator
    I have one but typically wear it only camping and hiking out in the woods. Day to day stuff , I feel it makes me stand out too much .
    surefire7 likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I can't click the link because the office is blocking it for some reason. But I will never understand why people buy 550 cord bracelets when they can just make their own.
    Last edited by Harvester; February 14th, 2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Because I can!!
    Molon Labe

I make my own survival bracelets. I like to use the double cobra weave with the metal clasp. I also
    have some with the plastic buckles. I wear one everyday. I've been wearing them ever since I've learned to make them. There a good piece of mind. I never had to use a bracelet before but I'll always have one handy.

I see no need for one. Unless you happen to disappear in the middle of nowhere without knowledge that you will then maybe I see a point. But why would you need one in the CITY, and even if you were out in the woods, you should be prepared anyway. I just don't see the point.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Bought some paracord and learned to make my own. Never wear any but usually have one or two in my EDC backpack. Better than nothing!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I carry just a plain para cord bracelet in the city just to use as cordage but when I go hiking I like to have extra in my survival bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    I see no need for one. Unless you happen to disappear in the middle of nowhere without knowledge that you will then maybe I see a point. But why would you need one in the CITY, and even if you were out in the woods, you should be prepared anyway. I just don't see the point.
    The city is the only place I have used one. I pulled a dead car to a gas station with one. It worked quite well too.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    If I didn't wear it all the time, how would I remember to take it when I might need it. Heck, I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast or even if I had breakfast. In my case I have BOB, bug out bag, in case I need to evacuate my house or if the SHTF. Yes, one of the items in my BOB is more than 550' of nylon cord along with other survival tools, MRE's, a Judge and ammo.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I have several of them, on my bob bags with a small compass attached :) cheap and have many uses if needed :)

VIP Member
    I had a generic brand one, and I stopped wearing it rather quickly. I couldn't stand the wet feeling after it got soaked from washing dishes. My husband also had one, and his absorbed sweat and got all stinky-poo. He kept having to clean and deodorize it, which cut down on wearability time. Both of ours just sit in a drawer now. Alternatives could be the keyfob version or make a monkeyfist knot out of the paracord. I keep a roll of paracord in my BOB.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links