Froglube

Froglube

This is a discussion on Froglube within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use froglube on their carry gun? I do. I know a lot of us treat our carry guns with lots of care and ...

Thread: Froglube

Froglube

Does anyone use froglube on their carry gun? I do. I know a lot of us treat our carry guns with lots of care and do what's best for our carry gun. I personally think the time it takes to treat my weapon with froglube is worth it. Anyone else have an opinion? Thanks

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I started using it a short while ago, so don't have any mileage figures. I have notice less pocket fuzz collection than with my old bottle of Break Free CLP.
    On Automotive and Motorcycle forums, lubricant discussions become as odious as discussions of religion. One guy says what the specs are, another compares a multi-level marketed brand tested by "an independant laboratory" (Tobacco Institute?) and another states what he believes based upon "common knowlege" or what the saleman said. No one ever "wins". Use what you like.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I've been using it for about a month, so like Aborigine I don't have much in the way of mileage. I like it so far. I don't think it's going to protect any better than Mobil 1, which is far cheaper, but I like it for other reasons.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I have been using it for close to a year and I like it better than anything else I have used, started in Az with high heat and dust now in Or with colder temps and damp weather. I takes a little longer when using but I think its worth it and my wife says it is not offensive like some I have tried.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I received some as a gift. I'm not much of one for "miracle" products, having never had an issue from using ordinary lubes and cleaners right off the auto shelf. It does smell a lot better than some.

The one thing I did notice today, after giving my AA .22 Conversion barrel the heat treatment, is that the barrel is so slick the recoil spring assembly won't stay in position on the barrel. It pops right out! It's like that old commercial where they dip a screwdriver in STP and then try to hold it.

I hope to get out to the range soon to see how it performs after a lot of rounds go thru the gun.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Re: Froglube

I just bought some and used it for the first time yesterday. I still used Breakfree to clean my guns but I did use Frog Lube as the final lubricant. I used the paste and from what I can tell so far, it looks like it has longer staying power on the contact points where you need it to be.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.

I use it and so far happy with it but I dont have a lot of actual use to speak on. I wanted something I could use in the house around the family that wasnt nauseating and I wasnt happy with Gunzilla so I ended up on FL. You can check out YouTube and more specifically the fredhart channel, he reviews several lubes/protectants in his own special way that is enlightening.

Froglube eats petroleum products and if you use it to lubricate, you have to use it to clean. I put plenty of rounds through it and no problems. I don't actually have to treat my weapons all the time...just shoot and clean. After the fifth treatment your good to only treat your weapon every now and then

For all that are interested, look on youtube and the froglube website for more info and testimonials. I used it long before I started searching for these and the results turned up really well

SEAL-1 is exact same thing as Froglube. They just made theirs orange with a citrus scent.

Strange enough, both SEAL-1 and Froglube are manufactured by the same company. It seems to be a rollercoaster track lube that reacts through friction heat.

I've heard great things about it, but I'm not sure either company can really claim that they actually chemically patented the lubes but only in their own brand names.

Posted by WS6 @ M4carbine.net

So...here is the guy who invented it...right?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/larrylasky

But what's this?

http://seal1.net/Seal-1-PRODUCT-PAGE.html#anchor_53

Totally different guys, both SEAL's, coincidence? Well, maybe.

But what about people who say this "Froglube" evolved from Track Lube Plus, a roller-coaster lube? The paste sure applies the same...
    http://www.tracklubeplus.com/index.htm

Yeah, but the first two could be coincidence and the third...what's the relevance?

Well, let me tie it all together for you...
    http://www.catalog.biopreferred.gov/...etails?ID=5244

And this leads us to the entity behind the curtain...

http://www.trillium-solutions.net

and who is the head of all of this?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-lee/A/AA5/B72

The only point I'm trying to make here is that this is not something that Larry Lasky invented with his 4th grade chemistry set in his basement. I don't remember seeing any "Chemical Engineer" in his bio. Trillium seems to be manufacturing both SEAL 1 and Froglube under those brand names. It's possibly just Trilliums track lube packaged nicely for the firearms industry. Add in the "Biopreferred" status with the USDA and you've got yourself a neat little conspiracy theory. Kinda like "Who shot JFK" If your into that kind of thing?

All of this in mind, it supposedly beats all other lubes.

ETA: I have SEAL-1 and Froglube in their paste form. Haven't used them but they sure feel the same and look like the same consistency.

YMMV
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

I use it because I have invested in nice wood grips on several guns an it doesnt eat them up, or disturb the finish anything petroleum based scares me I mean would you use it on your furniture?

I really like the stuff. Only thing I use now on my carry gun, rifles and shotguns. Works great for me and easy to clean.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Links