Hanks Amish Gun Belts, are they any good?

This is a discussion on Hanks Amish Gun Belts, are they any good? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi I currently use an Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructors belt it's 1.5" and has served me very well. I carry my M&P 40c daily with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hanks Amish Gun Belts, are they any good?

Hanks Amish Gun Belts, are they any good?

Hi I currently use an Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructors belt it's 1.5" and has served me very well. I carry my M&P 40c daily with it. It's extremely rigid and supports a lot of weight very easily. My only complaint about it is when I use my CrossBreed Supertuck with a dress shirt tucked in the belt isn't exactly the most discreet in appearance. So I'm on the market for a nice leather gun belt but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on one. Well I came up with this Hanks Amish Belts for CCW. They're $30 on sale right now and made in the USA. Anyone hear of these or have any experience with their products?
    Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping
    Got any other options that won't drain my wallet for a decent quality belt?

Thanks and God bless
    Last edited by guitarzNgunz; February 19th, 2013 at 10:22 AM.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've got one and it's a good belt. I suppose you could find a better one if you want to spend $75-100, but then you'd have to spend $75-100.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've got one and it's a good belt. I suppose you could find a better one if you want to spend $75-100, but then you'd have to spend $75-100.
    Yeah I definitely don't want to spend $100 on one. Do you use this as an EDC belt? What type of firearm do you carry on it? How long have you had it? Thanks for the reply.

I made my own beltfor about 40 bucks. I went to tandy leather and hand picked my belt , dyed it myself and I couldnt be happier. I EDC a Ruger SR40C both IWB and OWB.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I thought they were excellent belts (they do work well), but once you try a real gun belt you'll feel the difference. FWIW, I liked my first Amish belt so much I bought another in brown - now they both hang on the belt rack and never get used.

I went with Galco from Optics Planet and I'm very happy with that choice.
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-sb...lt-sb3-32.html

Finding a good gun belt isn't easy with choices like nylon, leather, one piece leather vs. two piece leather. Then the prices varies a lot on nylon and leather belts. It's almost as much work as finding a good holster.

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    Finding a good gun belt isn't easy with choices like nylon, leather, one piece leather vs. two piece leather. Then the prices varies a lot on nylon and leather belts. It's almost as much work as finding a good holster.
    You got that right! I found my favorite holsters after years of searching 1. Remora 2. Crossbreed Supertuck now to find a belt that is worthy but not $100!

Might want to try these I love them YMMV. Looper Reinforced Holster Belt

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Yeah I definitely don't want to spend $100 on one. Do you use this as an EDC belt? What type of firearm do you carry on it? How long have you had it? Thanks for the reply.
    I use it every day, carrying either a Glock 30 or my 6906. Mine is probably two years old now. For thirty bucks it's worth a try. At worst you have a rugged casual belt for everyday use.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have one of these belts. It's pretty good but my Wilderness Instructor Belt is definitely better. I carry a Glock 19 in mine.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

Well I'm leaning toward the Galco SB3, but it's a little more than I was looking to spend. Well my birthday is just around the corner might have to tell the wife about this one. Thanks for the help with this everyone I appreciate your feedback.

Tennessee Holster Company, run by Capt'n Itch! You'll want their regular leather belt (Heavy Leather Belt). I have one, but wanted a narrower belt (my dress belts were all 1.25" wide)....emailed them and they sent it right out!

Now, Larry's a small operation, so you'll need to email him or his wife Isabel and let her know you want one a little narrower. They'll take your measurements and they're usually really fast.

I wear both of my belts daily, and love 'em. They're thick, well made, look good, and were really well priced.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Every time I hear the words Amish and Gunbelt together it makes me laugh a little! DR

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Every time I hear the words Amish and Gunbelt together it makes me laugh a little! DR
    I'm not Amish or anything but I think that is a common misconception about the Amish, they actually love guns! Lol! But I get what you mean it is still kinda funny!

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    I'm not Amish or anything but I think that is a common misconception about the Amish, they actually love guns! Lol! But I get what you mean it is still kinda funny!
    Really?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links