Undershirts...

This is a discussion on Undershirts... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This might be a weird question to ask, but how many of you wear undershirts everyday when you carry iwb or aiwb? Do you still ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Undershirts...

Undershirts...

This might be a weird question to ask, but how many of you wear undershirts everyday when you carry iwb or aiwb? Do you still wear one even when it is 100* outside? Or do you just wear your holster next to your bare skin? If you do wear one, do you just wear a normal cotton tshirt or something that is more breathable? I have been wearing just cotton tshirts, which is fine for this time of year, but when the temperature rises it gets hot so I am looking for something different.

So what are all of you wearing?

2. Remove Ads

i wear and under shirt every single day i leave the house. it can be 100 outside and i will still wear one. I started that before i had my CC and now i have just continued it.

always with undershirt
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    T-shirt all the time. I can't stand to not wear one, and I'm in the humid southeast.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I wear a T-shirt every day regardless of the weather. Mine are made by Jockey and are supposed to wick moisture away from the body.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I always carry with an undershirt whether I am at home in Arizona or in Texas where I am stationed.

I've been wearing an under shirt (regardless of weather) since I was about 13.. won't be changing anytime soon. Usually a thin white t-shirt.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Duluth Trading Co Buck Naked v neck undershirt. Works like UA, has but is heavier duty, and longer, so it stays tucked in no matter what. Whatever shirt is called for as the over shirt.

dan

Distinguished Member
    I usually wear a t-shirt of some kind in the winter, and wear it tucked in over my EDC at work (work construction and do lots of reaching - helps keep my EDC concealed). But I almost always have my holster and G23 up against bare skin - no problems for me. I will say when I switched from a M&P to my Glock, the Glock is a tad smoother and friendlier to bare skin. In the summer I only wear a single over shirt when its hot.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Re: Undershirts...

Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    Duluth Trading Co Buck Naked v neck undershirt. Works like UA, has but is heavier duty, and longer, so it stays tucked in no matter what. Whatever shirt is called for as the over shirt.

dan
    Definitely these. These are the most comfortable undershirts I have ever worn.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Distinguished Member
    I usually wear UA Catalyst or Touch undershirt under another shirt (polo or button down). They are softer than a regular UA HeatGear shirt and feel like a cotton shirt right out of the bag.

If I'm going to be wearing a t-shirt then I'll wear a tank top under it so it doesn't show around the neck or sleeves.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I dont. Heat in Florida makes it unbearable

Always a T-shirt, and if it's just a T-shirt 'hot' day, then a wifebeater under the T-shirt.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Summer time, my holsters are against bare skin. All my holsters have leather on the body side and I have had no adverse affects. In fact, when it's warm, it helps hold my hoster tight in place I suppose due to a little sweat.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

gtn
    I have never worn (or liked)undershirts until I started carrying 4 months ago. Not so bad in the cooler months but when summer comes they are gone. The holster doesn't bother my skin but the grip serrations do. Man are they rough. I'm looking at N82 Tactical holsters now because they have full coverage of the grip. I hope it works as good as everyone says they do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links