Shooting gloves

This is a discussion on Shooting gloves within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I EDC a PPK/S w/CT Lasergrip. I also compete in IDPA wth a Walther PPQ. I would like some recommendations on a shooting glove that ...

Thread: Shooting gloves

Shooting gloves

I EDC a PPK/S w/CT Lasergrip. I also compete in IDPA wth a Walther PPQ. I would like some recommendations on a shooting glove that would give me a better grip of my weak hand around my shooting hand, Any suggestiios?

2. Remove Ads

When I train, I use a "fingerless" leather glove on my weakside hand...Simply because of the repetition of racking, the glove protects my palms...I've found the older I get the thinner my skin gets...It's difficult to rack a slide when your palm is covered in blood from the slices of "ripping" the slide over a two day/1000 round training session...Hence, the fingerless glove is for me...I'm not worried about any kind of recoil pad in the palm, etc...

Take a look at "batting gloves", "motorcycle gloves", etc and I think you will find something to fit your needs..JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    There are many out there but like a lot of gear you have to try them and what works for me may not work for you.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Shooting gloves

What's more important tachacool or functional?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

I'm 64, and just showing up is cool. Only function matters to me...basically maintaining a consistent grip during recoil.

When I use gloves I just use my mountain bike gloves. I have full finger and short finger gloves.

I like Mechanix gloves, they are durable but also have good tactile feel and don't get really hot or cold. I've used them for extended range sessions in temps ranging from 45 to 105 degrees without problems, plus they're washable which is nice.

Age 64, carry a PPK/S, I'm picturing you as Sean Connery in SNL Celebrity Jeopardy..."Ssshho we meet again Trebeck"

Flight gloves

I like Mechanix Wear gloves. Go to an auto supply store to try for yourself.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Golf or Batting gloves? Thin and snug but aid in grip.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links