Wal-Mart and Gun Sales - Page 2

Wal-Mart and Gun Sales

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart and Gun Sales within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rugerman So the wife and I drove from California to Southeast Idaho this past weekend. Drove up on Friday and back on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wal-Mart and Gun Sales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman View Post
    So the wife and I drove from California to Southeast Idaho this past weekend. Drove up on Friday and back on Sunday. We are looking for a new house for retirement. We stopped at the Wal-Mart in Burley and was pleasantly surprised to see that they still sell guns. Yahoooo! I can't wait to move there. Talk about a gun friendly atmosphere! I love it there. How many of you know anything about the Hagerman Valley? We found a nice house on the river there and fell in love.
    I've gotten less quality guns from them, even known brands

It is strange that Wal Mart is more gun friendly than Sam's Club. The other day I walked in to Sam's, and by the front door was a no firearms sign. That is beyond my comprehension level.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Was in a Wally out of my area, filled a cart, went to sporting goods dept. for some fishing stuff, saw they sold no guns or ammo. Told clerk I would buy nothing from them if that was the way it was and left full cart sitting there. Also, don't belong to Sam's Club anymore. I do still shop in several WalMarts that do stock long guns and plenty of ammo, including cheap Win White box.

So far the Walmarts arround here are gun friendly. I sure hope it stays that way. As a group we could have some influence as to walmarts policy. Every body should write a letter or an e mail at one time to their home office.

Wally world here in Maine is still selling long guns and ammo.

Wally World around my home has some that have really nice gun counters, and some that are taking out there gun counters. Also some that sell ammo but no guns. Two of the firearms I own have come from Walmart, and I have bought a bunch of WWB from them. One of them never seems to have anyone working the gun/ammo counter though, I have left carts full of stuff next to it after nobody came for a few minutes.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I was lucky enough to buy a Winchester 94 (30-30 Win.) just a month or so before the Winchester Factory went out of business. A couple of months later that WalMart store decided to stop selling long guns. I bought it for $280.00 I've seen some of these rifles on firearms auction sites selling for over $1000. I'm glad I bought that rifle when I did. Some other WalMart stores here in Texas still have some long guns available. I've been thinking about buying a Savage Arms, Remington or Winchester rifle from there and mounting a Leupold Scope (which they also sell there) and making it a permanant truck gun. I've found myself being on a friend's ranch before sseeing a Texas Hog or Bobcat out at about 200 yards and saying to myself why don't I keep a scoped rifle with me in the truck?

I agree with buckeye07, sometimes there's no one at the counter when I'm buying range ammo and targets so, I end up going down the road to Academy Sports & Outdoors.
    Last edited by COWBOYF550; January 24th, 2007 at 08:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links