Wal-Mart and Gun Sales

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart and Gun Sales within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So the wife and I drove from California to Southeast Idaho this past weekend. Drove up on Friday and back on Sunday. We are looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart and Gun Sales

Wal-Mart and Gun Sales

So the wife and I drove from California to Southeast Idaho this past weekend. Drove up on Friday and back on Sunday. We are looking for a new house for retirement. We stopped at the Wal-Mart in Burley and was pleasantly surprised to see that they still sell guns. Yahoooo! I can't wait to move there. Talk about a gun friendly atmosphere! I love it there. How many of you know anything about the Hagerman Valley? We found a nice house on the river there and fell in love.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

2. Remove Ads

enjoy it while you can....I understand the future is slim for guns and wal-mart. I hope there is no truth in that remark.
    It may not be true anymore but wal-mart is/was the largest retailer of guns in the world.
    Last edited by artz; October 31st, 2006 at 12:13 AM.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I think Walmart in Idaho, will be one of the last places they stop selling guns, supply and demand good. Rugerman do you like the desert? Come on up to Eastern Idaho and check us out. I am also a Calif. refuge and love the area up here, retired up here 6 years ago. About an hour from West Yellowstone.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I was greatly relieved when our brand new super Wal-Marts carried guns and ammo.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman View Post
    So the wife and I drove from California to Southeast Idaho this past weekend. Drove up on Friday and back on Sunday. We are looking for a new house for retirement. We stopped at the Wal-Mart in Burley and was pleasantly surprised to see that they still sell guns. Yahoooo! I can't wait to move there. Talk about a gun friendly atmosphere! I love it there. How many of you know anything about the Hagerman Valley? We found a nice house on the river there and fell in love.
    Welcome to the Magic Valley. I live in Twin Falls and am one of the principles of the Twin Falls Rifle and Pistol Club. We have a nice indoor range located in downtown Twin Falls. There is also an indoor range and club in Buhl. 10 miles N. of Twin Falls is the Jerome Gun Club. This is an outdoor range with 200 yard rifle, Large and small bore silhouette, Cowboy Action, Pistol, Trap, and a 10 station Sporting Clays course. Also WalMart in Jerome also sells firearms and supplies. We are supposed to be getting a Walmart in Twin Falls soon. There is also a Sportsman's Warehouse in Twin Falls along with several gun "pawn" shops. There is also a nice little sports shop next to the Chevron station in Hagerman. Email me, via "Private Messages" when you get settled.

John, you can also contact me at:
    http://www.packing4life.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I was greatly relieved when our brand new super Wal-Marts carried guns and ammo.
    Hell, even the place I get my hair cut has Guns and Ammo. They also have Reader's Digest and Time Magazine, but I don't read those.

I grew up in Gooding (near hagerman). I love the hagerman valley! We plan to retire there actually. Lots of fishing there, and you can pretty much just go shoot anywhere in the desert around there. Welcome to gun friendly Idaho!

Sounds great! We didn't get a chance to go into the town of Buhl but that is what city the house we are interested in is listed as. Right on the river. I am sooo looking forward to getting out of liberalville....
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Buhl has more to offer as far as businesses are concerned, and you can't beat right on the river. You'll be out of the wind there too! Just don't bring anymore Cali liberals with you!

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    Hell, even the place I get my hair cut has Guns and Ammo. They also have Reader's Digest and Time Magazine, but I don't read those.
    I meant guns and ammunition, while they do have Guns and Ammo I'm cheap so I'll shoot the white box while carrying the good stuff. Excuse me if I wasn't clear.

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I meant guns and ammunition, while they do have Guns and Ammo I'm cheap so I'll shoot the white box while carrying the good stuff. Excuse me if I wasn't clear.
    It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    It was a joke.
    Whoops, well I guess I felt dumb for nothing It totally went over my empty head

No need to feel dumb.

the two wm supercenters i frequent in Va Beach still carries g&a..now the new one they built in Norfolk does not.

According to several articles I've read, whether a particular Wally-World will carry guns, ammunition and other shooting supplies will be a regional decision and it comes down to profit. If guns & ammo are a profit maker and sell in local stores, they will carry them. If not, they will be dropped for more profitable items. Some sporting goods departments - especially in large urban centers - may be closed completely. I just depends on where you live and how much demand your local W-W feels there is for hunting/shooting supplies.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links