Bezel Diameter for Carry?

This is a discussion on Bezel Diameter for Carry? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I normally carry a Surefire M2 Centurion when I work over seas and don't need to conceal a light, now back in CONUS I'm trying ...

Thread: Bezel Diameter for Carry?

I normally carry a Surefire M2 Centurion when I work over seas and don't need to conceal a light, now back in CONUS I'm trying to decide which Surefire light and am trying to begin with Bezel diameter. Choices are 1" or 1.25" or 1.47". I have pretty much decide for CCW the 1.47" is too much. The cops I know carry the Z2 or 6P lights with the 1.25" bezel, but they are all pretty cavalier about actually being concealed.

So, is the 1.25" bezel in a bezel down kydex pouch very concealable and comfortable? Or is the 1" bezel lights the way to go?

God Bless
    Lions, Tigers, Bears and MTGun! Oh My!

Not Sure...

if the problem is what one carries...or how!
    I have the SureFire E2e...on a 'lanyard'...sometimes it's just in a side pocket, and ready for a quick pull...sometimes it's around my neck.
    Either way, I hardly know it's there...
    You're only talking about a .25 inch difference...that's not much..

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MTGun View Post
    I normally carry a Surefire M2 Centurion when I work over seas and don't need to conceal a light,
    Sounds like you need to move to a more civilised state. TX, for example, has allowed open carry of flashlights for a long time.

If people really look at you funny for carrying a flashlight, you should probably find smarter people to hang out with.

kid5yrold
    I live in a more civilized state with better carry laws than TX. I carry my light behind my spare mag so it needs to be concealed.

If you don't think that having an exposed tactical light in a tactical holster prints you as carrying then your friends must be idiots not to mention yourself. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute to a thread then I suggest you stay off it and go brandish your hardware and ignorance somewhere else!

I carry a G2 in a bezel up pouch about 8 o'clock. No problems with concealment. My mag carrier options are IWB (weak side 9 o'clock) or one of Rockys new back pocket carriers. With a loose tee shirt everything gets covered fine.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

It all depends on how you carry it. I would go with the smallest diameter because it will be the easiest to conceal and it is even comfortable for pocket carry. The 1.25" lights also have a larger body as well. I also find that with a 1" light I can keep the light in my hand during a mag change, the 1.25" is a hair to big for me to hold during a mag change. I carry an E2D in my left pocket every day.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by MTGun View Post

So, is the 1.25" bezel in a bezel down kydex pouch very concealable and comfortable? Or is the 1" bezel lights the way to go?

God Bless
    1.25" will be dificult to conceal. I personally think that 1/4" is a sizable difference. The largest light I will actually carry on my person is a Surefire A2 which is about 1 1/8". I usually carry it in my side cargo pocket though. I would deffinately go with the 1" bezel unless you are needing the extra 'throw' of the larger diameter bezel.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

If you have nothing intelligent to contribute to a thread then I suggest you stay off it and go brandish your hardware and ignorance somewhere else!

Do tell me, the uninformed, what diameter is the Surefire G2?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post

Do tell me, the uninformed, what diameter is the Surefire G2?
    1 1/2 inches.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Yeah, its awful that we have all these choices! I worked overseas for years with the worst lights imaginable and now the choices and quality is hard to even fathom. I shoot with a variation of the Surefire/Rogers Technique so I prefer the M2/Z2 type lights, but for daily carry I find the M2 at 1.47" unrealistic and the Z2 at 1.25" questionable for all around comfort and casual concealability, but the 1" bezel lights are not set up for my shooting style. I would have to do some serious customizing to use them the way I'm trained. I'd prefer a Z2 style light, but want a 1" bezel. Surefire used to sponsor me years ago when I was "cool", with the wars and all there are too many "cool" guys to sponsor these days I guess so I'm back to begging for info from them and paying sticker. Surefire told me they have no intentions of making a 1" bezel light designed for using the Surefire/Rogers technique. So its a Z2 or customizing a 1" light.

The A2 looks good to me, but its bezel is 1.13" and no one makes kydex pouchs for it. The L4 LumaMax looks REALLY good to me, but even its 1" odd shaped bezel looks like it would take a custom kydex pouch for carry and I still would have to put a ring on it for the Surefire/Rogers technique. Also all the 1" bezeled lights I have or have tried to use in the S/R technique have sharp corners around the button and aren't rounded like the Z series lights on the button end which is painfully annoying after awhile when shooting with them jabbing your palm.

I think the way I'll eventually go is a Dawson rail and an x200, but until I'm willing to deal with the holster issues, I'm gonna have to stick with hand held. Hmmmmm...decisions.

Anyone use an L4 Luma Max?

Links