My experience with the sight pushers from www.sightpusher.com

This is a discussion on My experience with the sight pushers from www.sightpusher.com within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been wanting to install Trijicon HD sights on a few handguns, glock and a S&W M&P. I did a lot of research on them ...

Thread: My experience with the sight pushers from www.sightpusher.com

Sponsor

I've been wanting to install Trijicon HD sights on a few handguns, glock and a S&W M&P. I did a lot of research on them and was about to purchase the B&J Machine P500 sight pusher. $250 for a sight pusher is a lot, but I figured over the span of the rest of my life I would get my moneys worth.

Then I happened upon the Universal Sight Pusher. What I liked the most was its simple construction. Much fewer parts to fail. And it looked like it was built very sturdy (I had read of people bending the P500).

I ended up ordering the full kit for $79.95.

It is pretty simple to use. I did put masking tape on the points of contact to protect the finish on my slide. After pushing out the old rear sight, I had to tap the new sight in slightly with a nylon head hammer, If I hadn't done that I wouldn't have had clearance to put the partially inserted sight and slide into the pusher.

The only thing I wish I had was a bench vise (I'm not an my shop so don't have my usual access to tools). I had to put gloves on to hold the sight pusher so I could turn the bolt. A bench vise would have made this quick and easy.

So, in short, I really liked the tool, I don't think I can break it. The next time I use it I will throw a bit of grease on the threads of the bolts that pushes the sight and will mount it in a bench vise. I do like that I can take this thing to the range and do a quick adjustment if I need to. I've satisfied with the product and would recommend it.

Thanks,
    Clay

0_0_0_0_141_106_csupload_47311522_large.jpg

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Appears simple enough. Thanks for the post.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I gotta save that pic,it would be cheaper to make one out of steel tubing and some bolts,I got a Drill Press etc to drill the bolt holes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I used a large pair of channel locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Links