I need help choosing a safe for my car.

This is a discussion on I need help choosing a safe for my car. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi. I'm about to get my Ohio ccw license and I'll need to purchase a safe to store my carry firearms in when I have ...

Thread: I need help choosing a safe for my car.

Hi. I'm about to get my Ohio ccw license and I'll need to purchase a safe to store my carry firearms in when I have to go into somewhere with carry restrictions. I'd like to find something relatively inexpensive that I can store my glock 29 and my px4 compact in and all I've been coming across so far are too small to carry both. Anybody have any experience with this situations? Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

What kind of vehicle do you have?

Look at the gunvault NV300, about $29 on Amazon. I have two of them, one in each of my vehicles. Does the job for me.

I've been paranoid about leaving my firearm in my vehicle as well, didn't think of buying a small safe to keep it in...i'll be watching this

Distinguished Member
    Stackon makes a nice safe that's under $50. I use it when I have to drive through Illinois.

I have a Honda accord coupe. In Ohio you are required to keep your gun in a a locked compartment in your car. It isn't considered secure if its just in a locked car. I'll check into the safes you've suggested so far. Thank you.

The nv300 is too small for both of my guns.

I'm thinking about getting a stock on PC900-B. Does anyone have any experience with stackon biometric safes?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I use the cheapo $26 key lock Secure It and the Gun Vault Nano single gun safes. I have them in each of my vehicles and one mounted in each of my two suit cases for air travel. I bought mine from Sprotsman Guide and Gander Mountain. They work for me.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

How much security do you want?

Since you don't have a lot of room in the passenger cabin, have you considered something in the trunk that you could bolt down?
    Attached Images

look up "BullDog" use one in each of 6 vehicles I own. Can be installed in a case or cabled as I do. Around $25 .

Links