2" lights?

2" lights?

This is a discussion on 2" lights? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I'm thinking that I want to start small. I have a big flashlight in my vehicle, big one in the house but I'm looking ...

Thread: 2" lights?

2" lights?

OK, I'm thinking that I want to start small. I have a big flashlight in my vehicle, big one in the house but I'm looking for something small to put on my belt and leave it there. Am I expecting too much from a 2" light ? Or are there ones out there that are great to have on your belt?

Not really sure how effective 2 inch lights are going to be. The smallest effective light I have ever seen is the Surefire E1L. I own this little beauty and it is very effective. At 4 inches, I don't think I would really want to carry something much smaller. Check it out: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main....arch_id=157182
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    OK, I'm thinking that I want to start small. I have a big flashlight in my vehicle, big one in the house but I'm looking for something small to put on my belt and leave it there. Am I expecting too much from a 2" light ? Or are there ones out there that are great to have on your belt?
    You're not asking two much from a two inch light. I have an HDS EDC U60 clipped to my pocket all day everyday. I have a belt holster that it rides in incredibly comfortably. Best of all, it is 60 lumens which kicks the vast majority of similar sized lights butts. Even the Surefires of similar size. It is right at 3 inches though. When you start getting small than that, you end up trading off the conventional switch for a twist on/off switch. Their are ALOT of lights that are really small but are 30+lumens (Amilite Neo T3, Fenix P1, Orb Raw, McLux PD, HDS EDC, etc.) It all depends on what switch you want, how much you want to spend, how bright you want it, what battery you wish to use, and what it will be used for.

Check out www.flashlightreviews.com for more info on over 500 different flashlights.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    I carry a Surefire E2E, it's 4.25 in long & 60 lumens it fits in my pocket pretty well. It's longer than you wanted but as was said if you go too small you loose alot of lumens.
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by KMBRTAC45 View Post
    as was said if you go too small you loose alot of lumens.

Not really. If you look at the Orb Raw NS, its only 2 inches long and is a whopping 80+ lumens (tested not advertised)

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/orb_rawns.htm

Its just one example of many very very bright flashlights that are small.

You could even go the Surefire 'TW4' route and get a 100 lumen light slightly smaller than a Surefire E1L. Granted when get light that bright in such a small package you do give up runtime. The TW4 will only run for about 25 minutes. But, on a lower setting (two stage switch) it'll be plenty bright (not as bright....maybe 10 lumens) for general tasks and 100 lumens would only be a quick click away. :)

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Links