Found 2 lights... Need help picking one.

This is a discussion on Found 2 lights... Need help picking one. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fenix PD32 or Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition... Which one? Also are the bezels on these lights comparable to the bezel on the Surefire E2D LED?...

Thread: Found 2 lights... Need help picking one.

Fenix PD32 or Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition... Which one?

Also are the bezels on these lights comparable to the bezel on the Surefire E2D LED?

Sponsor
    I've had the Fenix PD31 and PD32 lights for a few years. They're great lights. I'd imagine the PD32 T6 is just as good and if you have need of the "Burst" mode, an extra $10.00 or so isn't bad. I personally can't see the need for it over the High out put of the standard light, but I probably would have gone for it if it had been available when I got mine.

I don't have an E2D but from the pics, it looks like the bezel on the SF is scalloped a good bit deeper than the Fenix lights.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

personally i like the streamlight strion...can't ever have too many flash lights tho :)

if i would choose between the two of them i would go with the ultimate edition one...the brighter the better! i have the tk10 and i haven't used it in awhile...i got annoyed with always have to change batteries
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

Always go for the Ultimate...

I mean, come on, it's ULTIMATE!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

This is the new PD32 Ultimate
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Thanks members but I think I'm going to drop these two lights and go for the Surefire E2D. After a few PM's I was informed that the Fenix lights did not make the best striking tools and the Surefire E2D is probably the best striking tool on the market. I strongly believe in the application of a good torch for defensive applications so this torch is going to be with my 24/7 and I'm also looking to build a strong defensive EDC setup without my gun. My handgun has been slowly fading out of my EDC because of all my volunteer activities outside of work (Not a good idea to be carrying a gun around hundreds of homeless addicts) so this flashlight purchase is going to be pulling double duty as a torch and viable defensive weapon.

Now to find something I can sell to fund a Surefire light.

Links