Prolix Cleaner/lubricant

This is a discussion on Prolix Cleaner/lubricant within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone used this product,and if so what do they think of it?...

Thread: Prolix Cleaner/lubricant

Prolix Cleaner/lubricant

Has anyone used this product,and if so what do they think of it?

2. Remove Ads

never heard of it got a link?

Assistant Administrator
    New one on me too - and I thought I'd come across most stuff out there by now!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Some Info...

CLEANS: Prolix is a penetrating solvent that has been developed over many years, used in industry, and rated the safest, most effective agent. Based on the new Citrus technology, it is bio-degradable and ozone safe!
    ProChemCo took the results of "field testing" and modified the solvent for firearm usage; the end result improved effectiveness, while remaining non-abrasive and non-acidic. In short, it won't remove or harm your metal or wood finishes! We do recomment that you test on plastics, in a small area (on the back side). If no adverse action is noticed, you may continue with complete confidence. Total disassembly isn't necessary- an extra benefit of using Prolix.
    The solvent seeks out dirt, oils, grime, etc.(even in small and impossible areas) and floats it away. The chemical action during cleaning developes the DRY lubricant and it is drawn into the pores of the material, creating a skin of protection.

LUBRICATES: Prolix as a lubricant, is unique and totally the result of "modern technology," is NOT affected by adverse conditions of extreme hot and cold (-80F to over 460F). It remains DRY to the touch.
    Prolix appears thin, but testing has proven that the retained optimum amount of needed lubricant is provided. It won't wipe away during firing, flash or burnoff, build up or become gummy, nor discolor (as petroleum products turn yellow or brown). Prolix will enhance and protect any metal or finish it is applied to. It comes from the bottle BLUE in color and almost clear on a patch.

The Prolix protective skin (film) renews itself each time used, and prevents contaminates from adhering or attaching, making follow-up cleaning easier. Penetration is made possible by its thin formulation (8.2 cps). Then by the chemical action, it turns into a heavier (68cST 40C) DRY, enduring and long lasting protective coating. Prolix was even rated next to the winner of a grease test!

PRESERVES: Prolix has been proven by testing from the freezing conditions in ALASKA to the dusty wet TEXAS flat lands, to the damp humid jungles of SOUTH AMERICA- that it works Prolix preserves and protects due to its thorough cleaning and complete surface coverage.

Prolix will not remove metal defects! Prolix is a must for all blued, nickel, and stainless steel finishes! Prolix is armor tough but yet works equally well on precision guns, Air guns or the sophisticated law enforcement and military arms. Prolix "#1 in Total Gun Care!" You can DEPEND on Prolix...OR YOUR MONEY BACK!! Guaranteed!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

One link is prolixlubricant.com I first read about this product in a Chuck Hawks article about gun cleaning,who wrote it was mentioned in a book, Glock: the new wave in combat handguns by Peter Kasler.He claims Prolix is the chosen cleaning product of Glock armorers.

I've been using it for around 8 years. It also comes in a thicker liquid to use as a lube.
    It works well as a cleaner for removing stubborn powder residue. It's adequate as a lubricant. makes wood look good. When I'm out I'll order more

I use it as part of my cleaning regemin, it really helps get some extra out of the barrel and off the slide and breech. Pretty decent stuff
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

Links