wierd or homemade safe's

This is a discussion on wierd or homemade safe's within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone got any wierd or homemade safes/gun lockers!!let's see them...

Thread: wierd or homemade safe's

wierd or homemade safe's

anyone got any wierd or homemade safes/gun lockers!!let's see them

2. Remove Ads

A buddy of mine simply put a hinged cabinet door on a bare stud in a back room of his basement. It turned the space between two studs into a makeshift locker. He admittedly knows it won't stop a thief but a padlock keeps his young sons' hands off of his guns when he's not around. No pics obviously as it's not my house.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

there is an old coca cola machine that someone turned into a safe for sale on the local armslsit. I thought that was kind of cool

I spent a couple of afternoons building a steel box and bolting it to the floor in a closet (our safe room). The box mounts a V-Line pistol lockbox that I already had. A thief would have to be pretty determined to get into it in the configuration it's built in.

The lockbox is removable (bolts in from the inside when open). That means I can transfer it to the mounting plate in the trunk of the car for trips.

It's ugly but very functional, and since I had all the materials laying around it was free.

gunsafe.jpg

saw one today on facebook that was behind the bedroom mirror
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    A buddy of mine simply put a hinged cabinet door on a bare stud in a back room of his basement. It turned the space between two studs into a makeshift locker.
    A friend from high school had a similar arrangement in his garage. His father also had some kind of makeshift boobtrap on the doorknob that involved an electrical outlet. At the time I can recall thinking the precautions a little odd but when you're a teenager you don't dwell on such matters too long. At least I didn't.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

No longer used for Weapons. But when we built the house . A basement room was added with 10 inch walls and steel plates added between pours . It was poured 5 inch and 5 inch. Problem was we made it 8 X8 feet and over the years other use were found for the room as we moved weapons and ammo to other location so it would not all be in one place.
    People can be very creative I have seen many ideas over the years. One was a steel door that had been opened up and hand guns sealed up in side it.

Links