Wilson Combat mag problems!!

This is a discussion on Wilson Combat mag problems!! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where do I start. I just received a single Wilson combat magazine in the mail after reading the great reviews about them. I ordered it ...

Where do I start. I just received a single Wilson combat magazine in the mail after reading the great reviews about them. I ordered it for my Desert Eagle 1911c, so I ordered the 8 round compact version of the mag. Right away the mag didn't fit due to the front of the base plate extending way to far up, so I quickly remedied that with a vice and saw/file combo. No biggie.

After successfully seating an empty mag I figured out I could not send the slide home at all (riding it home not slamming). This was due to the mag follower not depressing evenly but rather nose first, so it was catching. No biggie, I rarely have an empty mag in it anyways.

Lastly though, after loading the mag with 7 .45 zombie max rounds, the 8th was nearly impossible to put in. After successfully forcing it in the mag, the mag didn't want to fit into the mag well due to the mag release button locking up for some reason. Everything cycled fine with 7 rounds in the mag.

I'm lost, I'm wondering if the Deagle needs a full size 8rd mag instead of the compact version. Any insight?? If this was my error I'd like to know. Thanks guys and gals

My full-size 1911 takes 8-round mags, I wouldn't think a compact would...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

It is a "semi compact" 4.3in barrel instead of a 5".

Have you just held the WC mag next to the stock mag and compared them? Pictures maybe?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Look the exact same, seems I do need full size mags though. Semi compact = commander. Compact= officers. Didn't know that!

Links